Matching login not found for android app?

Options
dangunn
dangunn
Community Member

I'm in the process of transitioning from lastpass and the one stumbling block I can't seem to get past is 1password sometimes can't match an existing login for android apps. If I browse the vault the login is there and I can manually get it to match, but this is cumbersome and I can't figure out why it won't match the existing login or associate with that login once I manually match it. Am I missing something here?

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Android 6.6
OS Version: Android 8.0
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @dangunn. Thanks for reaching out!

For app matching, we take the apps URL and reverse it, and try to find a match in your vault that way. For instance, the Twitter app's URL is com.twitter.android. We reverse this and get android.twitter.com, which matches twitter.com in your vault. Not all apps are named this way, though, and that's where 1Password has trouble. We'll look into ways to improve this in the future.

For now, you could save a new Login for those apps, using Autofill if you have it enabled. The Logins you save with Autofill will be automatically linked to the apps from then on, so you'll be able to fill them next time.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you need anything else.

• dangunn
    dangunn
    Community Member
    Options

That seems like a workable, if less than smooth, option. But it doesn't give me an option to save a new login when I manually log into the app. For example, I'm trying to log into my Wells Fargo app and I get no match to my existing saved login, nor do I get a prompt to save it when I log in manually.

• peri
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me, @dangunn. Are you filling using the keyboard or the Autofill feature in Android O?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peri

Does Agilebits have any advice for LINE which is appearing as jp.naver.line.android? It is a real pain and additionally, only the first Web address is seen in 1Password v6.6? I thought it may have been an issue with my login initially set as access.line.me (set in 1Password 6.8 iOS) but now, maybe not.

• @wkleem We reverse the URL to match to Logins, so if you change the URL saved with the Login to https://line.naver.jp, it should work.

• dangunn
    dangunn
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peri. I have both the AutoFill and Keyboard settings enabled, but I get no autofill prompt and no prompt to save the login if I manually search for the associated login in 1password. In fact, I don't seem to get any autofill functionality whatsoever.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thanks @peri.

What I noticed when looking at the LINE login was that a double HTTPS:/: (invalid login) was inserted in to the login. I.e. HTTPS:// https:// access.line.jp. It is from Android but I will have to double check.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Please view the attached image:

• @dangunn Thanks! Have you tried Autofill in several apps, or is it in a particular app you're having trouble with? It's not currently supported in browsers like Chrome, so you'll need to fill using the keyboard there. However, in other apps, like Twitter, you should see the option. Can you let me know one or two of the apps you've tried?

@wkleem I'm not sure I understand. Are you able to delete the redundant portion of the URL and fill?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@peri, I edited the login.but doesn't 1Password on Android only support the first URL?

Will I have to alter my login from access.line.me to line.naver..jp for Android if that is the reverse login?

• Indeed, 1Password on Android currently only supports the first URL saved with a Login. That said, you can create a second Login just for the app. If you're using Android O, you can use Autofill to save the app Login.

This discussion has been closed.