sample csv file for import?

devananda
devananda
Community Member

I can't seem to find a sample csv file for importing. It would be good to have one so that we are 100% correct with the names of the columns.

does anyone have a sample csv file for importing into 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @devananda ,

Does this help you?

https://support.1password.com/create-csv-files/

Are you coming from another password manager? If so, which one?

• devananda
    devananda
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

yes I saw this support article but I thought I would see if anyone in the community would share a simple template so that we can be assured that the column names are accurate.

Thanks for your support.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2017

@devananda ,

1Password doesn't use column names.... rather, it uses fixed column positions for the field mappings. The order in that support article is correct.

A more flexable csv converter exists in the converter suite if you need one; it supports more categories, custom fields, and does use column labels.

• devananda
    devananda
    Community Member

@MrC thank you for your input but I'm just using excel to create the sheet and export it as .csv and as such I am seeing columns.

Does anyone have a sample CSV template I can use when importing into 1Password?

Thanks for your support.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@devananda ,

You're welcome.

I think you're not understanding how easy it is to create your own template. Copy one of the example lines from the link I posted above, say, a Login line that contains the sample data. Open a simple plain text editor. Paste the line. Save the file as plain text (not RTF or other structured document), and give it a .csv suffix. Now you can open / import this with your spreadsheet to see your row/column data. You can modify it in your spreadsheet, and save/export as CSV again. UTF-8 is the character set you need if you have any multi-byte characters - typically international characters).

This discussion has been closed.