dropbox and 1P

Options
fvn
fvn
Community Member

Since few days I note a strange thing happening when I unlock 1P. I see too much upload traffic (dropbox) as soon as I unlock 1P either the app or 1P mini. I use little snitch to monitor traffic.
May this be a bad sign. To make sure I limited the use of the app for now.
Did someone have same experience? Thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited September 2017
    Options

@fvn: Do you happen to use the Agile Keychain data format to sync your vault? You can take a peek at your Sync Preferences to see the file path. It will end in either .agilekeychain or .opvault. If the former, this may be related to a known issue with 6.8.1, Agile Keychain and Dropbox sync. The best solution for this is to switch over to the OPvault format as detailed here, assuming you're not syncing this vault with older devices running versions of 1Password that don't support OPvault. This comes with the added bonus of faster sync and improved security, so it's a good idea to make the switch regardless of issues.

• fvn
    fvn
    Community Member
    Options

Yes my file is "1Password.agilekeychain" and is in dropbox. I also have an Iphone and an Ipad both running last versions 1P and dropbox.
    I am always afraid to make important changes or modifications but if I have to, I will.
    I always loved and used 1P since many years, probably seven years. I loved the simplicity and easy of use but lately it is not anymore the case and deep changes (including the subscription system) make the app less straightforward and more difficult to manage.
    Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fvn: You certainly don't have to, but AgileKeychain is simply less efficient for syncing than OPVault so I'd encourage you to switch. You can always backup your data (never don't do this), and the migration process is very easy:

How to switch to the OPVault format from Agile Keychain

1Password.com memberships, however, actually eliminates all of that and the issues you've been having, so while you don't have to switch to that either, I'm not sure it's safe to say that it's more difficult without even trying it. And either way, we're here if you need us. ;)

This discussion has been closed.