Passwords and logins

danco
danco
Volunteer Moderator
edited September 2017 in Lounge

There are plenty of old items in my Passwords category that have been superceded by a (possibly later) login item.

I would like to delete them, and am wondering if there is an efficient way to do so. Looking alphabetically through All Items doesn't work, as (for example) I have a login item for absoluteradio.co.uk but the related password is shown as www.absoluteradio.co.uk, and there are other item where a password is shown as "password for ..." while the login is elsewhere.

For some sites there are several entries in the Password section, perhaps because of some failure on my part when setting up a password, and of course only the latest has an associated login, but I want to remove them all.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@danco: Ah, I see. I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all solution to tracking these down, but I find that using Security Audit (to find duplicate passwords) and custom searches helps. I personally like using the "last used" and "times used" search criteria to track down items I can dump in an archive vault, since I rarely (if ever) use them. Does that help? :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Thanks. I think that helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing! It's definitely something we'd like 1Password to be able to help more with in the future. Hopefully we can come up with some neat tools for a future version. :)

This discussion has been closed.