Update (Firefox) browser extension looked visually dodgy

statto1927
statto1927
Community Member
edited August 2011 in 1Password 4 for Windows
Hi
Now I've started using 1P across all my devices (Win 7 PC, Mac & iPhone) I should be feeling more secure - 1P is a great bit of software, but I wasn't terribly impressed with the FF extension update notification.

Tonight when I went to log into a site via my Firefox extension on my Win 7 PC, after I clicked the 1P icon I got a message saying an update was available. However, this was a pretty plain looking notification, there was no reference to Agile (that I noticed), and only a single reference to 1Pasword anywhere in the update info. I have updated, but I have to say I was a little nervous because it didn't have a particularly professional look/feel to the notification, and after I hit update I did wonder whether it wasn't bonafide, and someone was now in possession of all my secure data.

I know I'm just being paranoid - I am aren't I (?), but perhaps the update notification could look a bit more genuine in future?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the feedback, statto, and welcome to the forum!

If you ever feel uncertain again, remember that you can always refuse it. Later, at your convenience, just launch 1Password, and choose Help > Check for New Version.
  • statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    DBrown wrote:

If you ever feel uncertain again, remember that you can always refuse it. Later, at your convenience, just launch 1Password, and choose Help > Check for New Version.

Thanks David
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    We're glad to help!
This discussion has been closed.