Setting up 1Password on new Mac

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: How do I sign in on a new device if I do not have a secret key?.

Comments

• NiftyFifty
    NiftyFifty
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar issue. I use dropbox to synch across my devices. I just got a new MAC and cannot figure out how to get my new machine to work with 1Password. It shows as Read Only on the new MAC and I have to use copy and paste to fill in login information on web pages. What are the steps to setup my new MAC correctly? This will be my 3rd computer on the account (under the 5 device limit). Thanks

• Hey @NiftyFifty! It sounds like you've installed 1Password from the Mac App Store on this Mac. Read-only mode means the App Store isn't recognizing that you've paid for 1Password. Looking at our records, you originally purchased 1Password from the AgileBits Store, which means the App Store won't know you've paid. The App Store uses your Apple ID to track whether you've purchased 1Password and won't be able to read your license file from us. Give these instructions a try and let use know if they get everything working properly again. If you see "Trial Expired" after making the switch, make sure you've applied your license from your original license e-mail on this Mac. If you need your license information resent, just let us know and we can get another copy sent over to you. :+1:

• NiftyFifty
    NiftyFifty
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect. Thanks that took care of it. Its been a long time since I installed 1Password and had just assumed the App Store (since that is where I got my iOS version)!

:)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Kate, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.