How do I upgrade to family version?

Options
nosloffej
nosloffej
Community Member

Hi, I downloaded the free 30 day trial of 1Password from the Apple App store to my iMac. I'm currently being billed monthly though iTunes for my single subscription. It seems to be working great. How do I upgrade to the family version so that I can install and use it on my wife's iMac, iPhone, and iPad?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hey @nosloffej! I'm glad you're already enjoying 1Password! In order to upgrade to a Family account, we'll need to first cancel your Individual subscription. To do so, either go to https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/manageSubscriptions or go to “iTunes & App Stores > Apple ID > View Apple ID > Subscriptions > 1Password” in the Settings app on an iOS device and cancel the subscription.

Once that has been done, let us know and we'll mark the subscription as canceled in our records so that you can upgrade your account and resubscribe. As fair warning, once we mark your subscription as canceled, your account will show as frozen until you resubscribe after upgrading. Just something to be aware of as we work through this. :+1:

ref: IMW-26147-611

• nosloffej
    nosloffej
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I've cancelled my individual subscription as you suggested. Please let me know what the next steps I need to take to resubscribe to a family account, and to import the logins and passwords that I've already created during the trial period of my individual account. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nosloffej: Great! I've marked it in our system so you should be good to go. Just sign in to your 1Password.com account, click your name in the app right, and then select "Invite People". That will let you setup a family plan without having to create a whole new account and move your data. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.