Text navigation keyboard shortcuts (such as CMD - LEFT_ARROW) freeze the app for a few seconds

Options
dfkencutlkt
dfkencutlkt
Community Member

If I use the arrow keys to move around in a text field (username, password, notes, etc) everything is normal. But when I try text navigation shortcuts such as CMD - LEFT_ARROW, the whole app freezes for two or three seconds. The caret doesn't move immediately, buttons such as Cancel or Save do not respond, clicking other entries in the list of logins doesn't respond either. Basically, the whole app freezes while the code figures out where the beginning of the line is when I tell it to go to the start of the line with CMD - LEFT_ARROW.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.6.10.90
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:slow keyboard shortcuts

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @dfkencutlkt - that's odd! I just tried the same thing with a Secure Note, myself, and had no problems. I notice you're using a significantly older version of 1Password for Mac, however, and I wonder if that has something to do with it. Would you mind updating your version of 1Password for Mac to the latest (6.8.1)? Please click "Check for Updates" in the 1Password 6 menu at the top left of your screen, and install the latest version. Reboot your Mac and try it again -- let us know how it goes!

• dfkencutlkt
    dfkencutlkt
    Community Member
    Options

So far the newest version has been working fine. No freezes.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Lars, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.