Locking Mac with Alfred crashes 1Password mini

ejr
ejr
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Mac

Launched 1PW this morning without problems. Locked the computer and after I opened the lid 1PMini cannot find the 1PW App even though it is open and it has not moved. Relaunched Safari didn't fix it. Reinstalling the Beta Extension and didn't work either. Force quitting 1PMini fixed the issue.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.1 (681006) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.11.b3
OS Version: Sierra latest
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ejr
    ejr
    Community Member

Forgot to add that 1PMini window does not float it is stuck to the Menu Bar icon.

• Greetings @ejr,

I apologise that it took us so long to reply to your post. Has the issue repeated itself with any frequency or regularity since you first posted or does it seem to have been a one-off blip that hasn't returned?

• ejr
    ejr
    Community Member

Looks like a one-off at this time.
    Thanks

• Greetings @ejr,

Please do keep an eye on it. If it happens again can you create a diagnostic report while the issue is actively occurring please and before you reset 1Password mini. Much of what a diagnostic report represents is a snapshot in time so our best chance of understanding what has happened is if it is created at that moment in time. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. Can you post that here please to help us to keep an eye out for it.

Hopefully you're not bothered again and it was just a blip of course but if you are this should be our best chance to diagnose and correct.

• ejr
    ejr
    Community Member

Found the error and can reproduce at will. Basically if I use Alfred.app to lock the machine after I unlock it then 1PWMini has crashed and it will not find 1PW app. Force Restarting IPW (cmd+opt+ctrl+q) it fixes it. I sent the Report and waiting for the number.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ejr,

Thanks for that additional information and sending the diagnostics. We'll look that over and let you know what we find. It's okay not to post the ticket ID back here; we've already found your email. :)

Basically if I use Alfred.app to lock the machine after I unlock it then 1PWMini has crashed and it will not find 1PW app.

Are you able to reproduce this by first locking your Mac using any other method?

ref: EWJ-23417-719

• ejr
    ejr
    Community Member

Looks like closing the lid, letting the screen saver run until it locks, or selecting "log in window" does not cause the problem.
    Procedure is:
    1. Activate Alfred
    2. type Lock
    3. press enter

• Hrmm... It's not crashing for me when locking from Alfred. Have you sent in the crash reports after it came back up? If so did you include your email address with the report? I'm not seeing any crashes reported associated with your forum account's email address since 2016 on our side.

Rick

• ejr
    ejr
    Community Member

Just tried it today and it didn't crash (maybe I need to wait more time or a current restart cleared a cache). I don't get a crash report from 1PMini when it happens. 1PMini just indicates that it cannot find 1PW app.

• Hrmm... I wonder what's going on here. If you see it again, I'd be curious to see a Diagnostics Report from your Mac. Next time it happens would you mind following the instructions on this page: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Email it to support@1password.com and include a link to this thread so that we know what we're looking at.

Thanks

Rick

• ejr
    ejr
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

I did send the diagnostic report on the last one. #EWJ-23417-719
    Will keep track if it happens again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @ejr! We'll keep an eye peeled. And if you can remember it, include a link to this thread, so we can "connect the dots" between there and here. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.