payment using gift card declined

I am trying to pay for a Family annual subscription using a gift card, but I get the following error:

"Your credit card was declined. Please contact your credit card company or try another card."

I have confirmed that the card is active / valid and has a balance greater than the $59.88 needed. Any idea what the problem could be?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:pay using gift card

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member
    edited September 2017

@john_123: Hmm. I'm really not sure. It often depends on the bank, as the credit card charge is simply attempted, and we get an "accepted" or "declined" in response. While I'm not sure what (if anything) we can do on our end, if you continue having trouble with this shoot us an email at [email protected] and we'll see if we can get additional details from the processor, or at least point you in the right direction. However, often prepaid gift cards simply cannot be used online, so I'd check on that first.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

In addition to what brenty mentioned, please verify that the card has enough of a balance to cover any taxes that may be charged as well.

Ben

• I was able to speak with the gift card customer service - it turns out the gift card I have is only usable in the United States. Thanks for your help anyway!

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Ah, I didn't even know that was a thing, but it makes sense. Sorry about the hassle there, but I'm glad you were able to figure it out. :blush:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file