Oreo and the new autofill.

Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hello,
Today I got Oreo on my Nexus 5X. Now I enabled the new Autofill option inside 1Password settings and tried it on some logins, but it was not working.
So I opened Chrome browser on my smartphone and opened some different sides, where I now there is a login inside 1Password available. But there was no popup or something like this for the login.
How I can I use this new feature? Thanks for helping hands!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Philipp. Autofill won't work in Chrome or other browsers, so to fill in browsers, please use the keyboard for now.

As to other apps, can you give me an example of one you tried? Do you already have an associated Login in your vault, and were you prompted by Autofill to save the Login when trying to fill?

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hi @peri!

First of all:
    Is there a chance to get autofill option also for Chrome (or other browser) for different websites in future or isn't it technical possible?

In the last days I tried autofill also with some apps. With some I saw this new popup for the login, with some other there was no reaction. So here are some examples:

• feedly app --> No popup, keyboard login only
    • FeedMe app --> login at feedly --> No popup, keyboard login only
    • miles-and-more --> Asked me if I like to use 1Password, but found no login after unlock.
    • SlimSocial --> login at facebook --> No popup.
    • GMX --> Asked me if I like to use 1Password, but found no login after unlock.

Thanks and best regards
    Philipp

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the extra details! Ultimately it's up to 3rd party developers whether/how they support this, so it can be a bit of a mixed bag — especially at this early stage. I do hope that browsers can support this in the future, as that's obviously where a lot of us use 1Password most. But we've still got the 1Password keyboard to help with that. Cheers! :)

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty!
    Maybe could you add an option for the new autofill function to search manually if there is no login found? Same as it is with keyboard login realized?

• Thanks for the suggestion, @Philipp! I'll pass it on to our team!

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Dear Agilebits Team,
    Please let me ask again. Today I tried on two different apps and again: I saw the new popup button. I clicked and logged in, but 1Password didn't find any details.
    So I logged in with the 1Password keyboard and after that 1Password offered me the possibility to add this as a new record.
    Is there something wrong with my safe? Is there something I have to do that 1Password could find the connection?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Philipp: No idea. Can you tell us which apps you're having trouble with? It's probably something we can test to see if there's a workaround or something we can improve.

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hi @brenty!

So I can tell you the worst app I found in play store is N26. This one is neither working with the popup button nor with the keyboard.

• popup: No login found
    • keyboard: the "key icon" on the keyboard is blue => but when I log in 1Password have not found the entree. => So I search for the right entree and click on it => and here is a very bad problem: the keyboard is closing and I do not get the bar with the two buttons for username and password. => The only thing I can do is to start the login process again. => but then I have the same problem => so this is a loop
    • The only way is working for: Open 1Password, copy the password into the clipboard, open N26 and paste it in.

==>> But for all other apps please have a look into my post above from 17th of September. All them are still not working.

Best regards, Philipp

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Please let me ask you a next question. I have activated autofill, because I think it is a good thing (also when it is not working on my device at the moment), but is there a possibility to stop/deactivate the option, that 1Password ask if I like the save a new login inside my safe? I know there are all logins in my safe (new logins I will do on my Mac only) and just because 1Password has not found/matched it, I wouldn't like to save it as a new login. It would be fine when this question will not longer displayed.

• Hey @Philipp! We're working on some improvements to filling and we hope to have news on that front soon! Keep an eye out for updates, and let us know if you have trouble filling after!

This discussion has been closed.