To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Need Account and Security Key??

Options

I have this useful tool on my Mac books, but when I try to log in on my iPhone it asks for a security key and account information. Do I sign up for a membership, if I already have an account? Do I have an account or just the app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:app

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @Laura_Davis_GBL :)
    What your phone is asking for only applies if you have a 1Password.com membership. AgileBits introduced memberships a while back to give people an easier way to use 1Password across multiple devices and keep everything in sync. There are various benefits to having a 1Password.com membership as outlined here.

However, it is not required. If you wish, you can use 1Password without a membership. It just requires setting up syncing manually and is a little more complicated.

Cheers,
    Corey

• Laura_Davis_GBL
    Laura_Davis_GBL
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi, @Corey_C! Thanks so much, please let me know how I can sync manually !! :DD

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

There are two main methods, iCloud and Dropbox. iCloud is only an option if you only use Apple devices. Dropbox will work no matter what device you have.

Instructions for iCloud syncing can be found here

Instructions for Dropbox syncing can be found here

• Laura_Davis_GBL
    Laura_Davis_GBL
    Community Member
    Options

@Corey_C God bless you, sir!!!!

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Happy to help :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

And we're here if you have any other questions. Cheers! :) :+1:

• Laura_Davis_GBL
    Laura_Davis_GBL
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty and @Corey_C Unfortunately, on my end it says the 1PW is already synced. I'm confused??

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@Laura_Davis_GBL: They could all well be syncing, but with completely different services/vaults/accounts. We just don't know. Can you tell us which OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, and the sync method on each? Definitely make sure they're all syncing with the same vault. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.