I'm getting a white window/loading all the time.

For the past three days, I haven't been able to access the extension. I had this going for 12 minutes before I gave up.

I've restarted my Chromebook, disabled and enabled like in the previous discussion, but this doesn't work for me. Is there something I am missing?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 0.8.6
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Sorry about this @Lizzy_VB! Are you able to login directly to your 1Password.com account in a browser on this machine?

And did something change either on this machine or in your network 3 days ago when this started happening?

• Lizzy_VB
    Lizzy_VB
    Community Member

Yes, I can log into my account but not the extension. I'm not too sure exactly when it started happening, it's been at least 3 days, so I'm not really sure what has changed. I'm sorry I wish I had more information to give you. I have another Chromebook and the same thing is happening on that one if that helps at all. @DanielP

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Lizzy_VB: It's hard to say, but I have a few ideas. Are you using a "person" (profile) in Chrome that's managed by someone else? For example, I've got a GSuite account here that I use in Chrome which is managed by AgileBits, and they could disable some features at the account level if they wanted to. So it may be something's changed completely unbeknownst to you. Alternatively, if you're using the same profile across both Chromebooks there may just be something damaged, and since they'd be syncing with each other you'd have the same problem in both. Have you tried reinstalling the extension?

• Lizzy_VB
    Lizzy_VB
    Community Member

I haven't tried that yet. I will do that and let you know how it goes

• Lizzy_VB
    Lizzy_VB
    Community Member

Same thing is happening

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Lizzy_VB: Thanks! Can you clarify though, did you try both reinstalling the extension and using a different "person" (profile) without signing in? Which Chrome version are you using?

• Lizzy_VB
    Lizzy_VB
    Community Member

I signed out of my google profile before I tried it again. Same result. Also, I am really not the most tech-savvy person in the world. How do I know what version of Chrome I'm using?

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member

@Lizzy_VB, @brenty

I occasionally get see this behavior on Ubuntu 16.04 in Chrome.

I have two profiles set up. I can't recall if one profile is affected over another though? To fix the issue, I disable/enable the extension from the settings menu. I believe this is essentially the same as uninstalling and re-installing the app since the local cache gets removed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Lizzy_VB: Thanks for confirming. And hey, no worries, you're doing great! Coulda fooled me. ;)

Quickest way is typing chrome://settings/help into the address bar (Omnibar?) and pressing Enter/Return.

Also, please see if disabling other extensions helps. Sorry you're having so much trouble getting this going. It's not you. We'll get to the bottom of it!

• Lizzy_VB
    Lizzy_VB
    Community Member

Okay this is the version I'm using: Version 60.0.3112.114 (Official Build) (64-bit) Which extensions should I disable?

• Lizzy_VB
    Lizzy_VB
    Community Member

Alright I've disabled all other extensions and it still isn't working

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@Lizzy_VB: Can you try removing the extension completely from Chrome and then reinstalling it from the Google Chrome Store?

To remove 1Password for Chrome, open the extensions page (Window > Extension) and click the trashcan icon next to the 1Password extension. Once you've reinstalled the extension, you will be prompted to add your account again.

Please let us know if that makes any difference for you.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Lizzy_VB
    Lizzy_VB
    Community Member

Is this the extension you are talking about?

I get this when I use this extension rather than the one I installed using the link that was sent to my email.

• Lizzy_VB
    Lizzy_VB
    Community Member

I reinstalled this extension;

and I'm back to the old problem.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@Lizzy_VB: I'm sorry to hear that didn't make a difference. Can you please check and see if you see errors in the console output from 1Password for Chrome.

Here's how you can view any logged output:
    1. In Chrome, select the Window menu > Extensions.
    2. Enable the Developer Mode checkbox at the top-right.
    3. Click the background page link for the 1Password extension.
    4. In the new Developer Tools window, click Console.

Here's an example of some errors that were output:

Please note some items may contain personal information like your email address, sign-in address, and account or item UIDs. If you would like to send us a complete copy of your console output, please email it to linux@1password.com.

On behalf of the whole team working on 1Password for Chrome, we greatly appreciate your help!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Lizzy_VB
    Lizzy_VB
    Community Member

Thank you, I've sent you an email!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@Lizzy_VB: Thanks, I'll take a look and see what's going on. I'll make sure to get you a response tonight! :) :+1:

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Lizzy_VB
    Lizzy_VB
    Community Member

Thank you!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• 3l3phant
    3l3phant
    Community Member

I've had this happen a number of times. Disabling and re-enabling the extension fixes it. The problem seems to happen when you try and fill in a form, but you've timed out of your login but the extension doesn't recognize it (e.g. if you've closed the laptop, opened it again later and tried signing into a form). The form doesn't fill and when you click on the extension again, it's blank. I'm running on a Chromebook.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@3l3phant: You're absolutely correct. I spent my week up in lovely Canada working with the rest of the 1Password for Chrome team. During this time we had a few conversations, but the most important, in my mind, was figuring out the cause of this issue. I can't give any promises, but you shouldn't need to wait long for this fixed.

Thanks for your help in testing!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• 3l3phant
    3l3phant
    Community Member

@beyer - No problem. While it's an annoying bug, I was passing along the information more as a data point for the developers than anything else :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback! :chuffed:

• dhrose
    dhrose
    Community Member

If the idle time is exceeded on either on either the Chromebook or Linux desktop and I want to use 1Password for another login somewhere, I get a blank (or empty) 1Password window and I can't do anything with it so I have to disable/enable the extension to get things working again

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@dhrose: You're right on the money! We've traced this bug back to what we are almost positive is a bug with the chrome.idle API. We've seen a few bug reports filed, but we will create our own to inform the Chrome team of our findings. In the meantime, we are adding our own idle detection in conjunction with chrome.idle which should be a big help.

Sorry for the temporary inconvenience. We greatly appreciate your help!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.