To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unable to Access Security Key

Options
Bitters
Bitters
Community Member

Hi all. I registered for new account through the website on my iPhone a couple weeks ago. After I had been given my security key there was a message indicating that there was no need to write the key down since I will be given an emergency kit later. So after having signed into the new account on the phone, I was asked if I wanted to download the kit. I wanted the kit to be on my computer, rather than my phone, so I selected the option which was something along the lines of "download later." Well, the browser on my phone timed out before I could get to my computer, and now I have no idea what my access key is nor how to access it.

I sent an email to support, and they eventually responded that I should try to access the account from Safari, that the security key should still be there. I've tried everything I could find, but every login screen I come to states that I need the security key to proceed. I don't how relevant this may be, but I typically run "private" browsing mode on my phone. Wondering if that might be why the security key wasn't saved.

At any rate, I responded that I would like to just delete the registered account, avoid the eventual subscription charge, and start fresh. That was almost a week ago now, and I haven't heard anything back. Thanks much for any help and guidance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi Bitters - Thank you for reaching out to us and I'll be happy to help. Sorry for the miscommunication, my buddy Oliver did reply back to the email you sent over initially. I'm sorry if you didn't receive the email. I'll reply back to you right now and we'll get this all squared away for you shortly. At your earliest convenience, reply back to my email so we can keep the conversation going over there :smile: Talk to you soon.

ref: LTB-62614-941

This discussion has been closed.