Multiple copies of 1Password?

Options
dwstclair@mac.com
dwstclair@mac.com
Community Member

The last couple 1password updates have said I had more than one, looks like 100, copies do I want to continue. I have looked for them Spotlight can find them.

I also checked the applications support folder in the library. Nothing to see there. There are copies of IOS versions in the iTunes folder but they shouldn't be a problem.

What's going on?

1Password Version: 6.8.2`
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6 (16G29)
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dwstclair@mac.com: Without more information it's hard to say. Do you maybe have external drives (backup, perhaps) attached? That's the most common cause. If you're still having trouble, a diagnostics report might shed some light on things. Let me know what you find!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

1oo copies! That's weird.

You can just click "update anyway". There is actually no problem in making the update, but having multiple copies can (and often does) cause problems further down the line when you use 1PW.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dwstclair@mac.com -- I'm with @danco -- 100 copies is very odd indeed. The iOS versions won't be a factor at all, but that's just...weird. If you'd like to send along a diagnostics report, we'd be happy to take a look, but as @brenty said, without a closer look "under the hood," it's difficult to say what might be going on here.

This discussion has been closed.