Invalid Login Info, but using QR

Tailspin45
Tailspin45
Community Member

Can't add existing account with scanned QR data.

The application wouldn't accept Master password, so I deleted all data using troubleshooting menu as recommended elsewhere.

After reconnecting with vault I've tried to add my existing account, but after scanning the QR info, I get "Invalid LOgin Information" error.

Everything works find on Mac, iPhone and iPad.

1Password Version: 8.6.2
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

Hi @Tailspin45 -- I'm sorry for the trouble! I'm also a little confused, since you mentioned you're syncing via Dropbox, but then it sounds as if you're trying to use a 1password.com account as well?

When you scan your existing Setup Code, are you using the Emergency Kit you downloaded/printed when you set up the account? If so, that will fill your sign-in URL, your email address, and your Secret Key, leaving you to only fill in the Master Password. Is the Master Password you're using for 1Password for Mac the same as the one you created for your 1password.com account? If not, you'll need to use the Master Password you created for the account, not the one you're using for any local vaults.

• Tailspin45
    Tailspin45
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Hmmm, maybe I'm the one that's confused. Yes, I am syncing via Dropbox, but thought I had to connect to website account too. I currently have no vaults listed in Preferences / All Vaults panel.

Anyway, yes, I was using the Emergency Kit; that's the QR code the application scanned, and yes, it did fill everything in. And yes the Master password is the same on all devices and the account.

So perhaps the fundamental question is how to add other vaults (I have 3)--Primary, personal, and Shared.

As an aside, I'd really prefer to have just one but so far haven't discovered how to merge them. If I use 'All' there are numerous duplications.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@Tailspin45 - ah, OK, gotcha. Well, you're not required to use a 1password.com account if you've got a license for 1Password and you're comfortable using it as a standalone product. We think a 1Password membership is by far the best way to go for most people...but we still support licenses as well.

However, the "no vaults listed" is concerning me. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#MPJ-47248-666]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

Note: for anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @Tailspin45 only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: MLM-52835-381

• Tailspin45
    Tailspin45
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Now_ I'm_ confused!

I bought a family/team license for 1Password, and don't understand why you think I might be uncomfortable using it as a standalone product. After all, that's how most people use most products. But you indicate 1Password membership is better. Why? Are a license and a membership different products? As a customer, am I not also a member?

I have sent the diagnostics via email as requested,

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Tailspin45 - I realize a lot of this is simply down to nomenclature and the ways in which we use specific words like "license" and "membership," and we understand most people aren't aware of the difference as it pertains to 1Password. But yes, there is a difference and while owning a standalone license for 1Password makes you a welcome part of the 1Password family of users, it's not a 1Password membership. For a run-down of the differences, please see this explainer.

We'll have a look at your diagnostics report and get back to you as quickly as possible. Thanks. :)

• Tailspin45
    Tailspin45
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Now I'm even more confused.

I've been an Agilebits customer since 2010 when I bought two licenses for 1Password 3. We upgraded as time passed to V4 and then V5, and we joined the 1Password for Teams beta (a membership, I assumed) on 12/7/15. But it wasn't clear, at least to me, that anything was different except I could share with someone else.

Then on 1/9/17, I signed up (again, as a member, I presumed) for the "Early Adopter Special" for a new kind of team account because on the same day I successfully added my wife as a team member, according to old emails. How it was different from 1Password for Teams I now don't recall (and really don't care, except I clearly do have a membership and not a product license although that wasn't obvious to me.)

BTW, I'm not sure why but I received two invoices for $47.88 on 1/9...perhaps one for her and one for me? Today membership is apparently $59.88, but that's for up to 5, so $47.88 x 2 doesn't sound right as an 'early adopter special." The invoice numbers were
    in_19a5vsHBax7L5HDf95e7qgZM
    in_19aCOtHBax7L5HDfnRrUs8gm

Like I said, I'm confused.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@Tailspin45: From your description it definitely sounds like you've signed up for two completely separate 1Password.com memberships. So if you're trying to use the credentials from one to sign into the other, that would explain why it doesn't work. Please shoot us an email at support@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address

Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: FUZ-82285-978

• Tailspin45
    Tailspin45
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Done. Also sent copies of the pertinent emails in separate message with same support code.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Tailspin45: Got it! Thank you! I'll take a look at everything and get back to you in a bit. :)

ref: FUZ-82285-978

• Tailspin45
    Tailspin45
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Note that the invoice for first membership that I purchased about 8AM says, "Early Adopter Special (Annual) for 1 user" and the second I purchased about 4PM says "Added 1 user." In fact, the membership was for up to 5 family/team members?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Tailspin45: There is no "5 team member" plan. I think that's where the confusion lies. 1Password Teams is charged per member. Only a 1Password Families plan includes 5 family members for the base price. I'll reply with some more details in a moment via email.

• Tailspin45
    Tailspin45
    Community Member

Got your email, tried to convert team to family, but popup error says "User is missing pubKey."

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Tailspin45: It may not work if the account is too old, or if you've modified permissions there in a way that only works with 1Password Teams. You may need to create a new account in that case, if you're not able to change them back. Let's continue the conversation via email and we'll figure this out.

• Tailspin45
    Tailspin45
    Community Member

Haven't touched permissions. Will watch for your email

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We'll be in touch. Worst case scenario, you can setup a new account and we'll work out the details, but I'm hoping someone coming in in the morning will have a simpler workaround for you. :blush:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Tailspin45: It looks like we may have a bug here from a recent server update, which is interacting badly with the permissions you setup for the second user account. I'll follow up via email here in a minute to give you a potential workaround.

This discussion has been closed.