Send item between individuals?

We'd love to use 1Password for sharing keys/secrets between individuals. For example, providing users with an updated personal API token, password resets, etc. Requiring someone to create a new vault and setup the permissions for just one person is a bit onerous, plus our team members do not, in general, have the permission to create vaults so that's not an option. We'd love to see something as outlined in https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/53403/sharing-items-between-users or some other way for one user to copy/move a secret from their personal vault to the other persons personal vault.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @egauthierscout - Thank you for reaching out to us and I appreciate the feedback. I agree, it definitely sounds like a great idea :-) I will make sure to pass along your request to the team. Thanks again for taking the time to share your idea and for the support. Feel free to contact us anytime, we're always happy to listen :-) Have a fantastic day and I hope to chat with you again soon.

• jdessagne
    jdessagne
    Community Member

+1
    If I had only one new feature to ask for it would be this one

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@jdessagne - Thanks for your +1. Noted! :)

• jmancini
    jmancini
    Community Member

+1. This is something we really need! Any idea if it's on the roadmap yet???

• Frank
    edited May 2017

Hi @jmancini - Thank you for reaching out to us. You do have the option with beta features enabled to "send a copy" of an item to anyone on the team. When the item is sent it's added to the team member's Personal vault. I don't believe it's the same feature you're asking for but I figured I would mention it in case you weren't aware. It's definitely something we're looking to improve upon so I appreciate you taking the time to send us over some feedback and for sharing something that is important to you. :smile: Keep me posted if you have any additional questions.

• billboebel
    billboebel
    Community Member

I don't see the "send a copy" option with beta features enabled. Where is that?

• cjcampbell
    cjcampbell
    Community Member

@billboebel, I don't remember whether it's available in the web client, but I do see it in the Mac client when I right click on an item in the 1Password application.

• cjcampbell
    cjcampbell
    Community Member

• @billboebel: It's in the item details in the share menu. Click the Share icon in the item details for the item you want to send a copy of and select Send a copy... Select the person(s) you want to share with and click Done. :+1:

@cjcampbell: That menu option in 1Password for Mac is to copy an item to a different vault you have access to. It won't work for sending an item to someone else's personal vault, but is still super handy if you want to share a copy of an item with everyone using a particular vault. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.