Feature request - TOTP for Watchtower (or similar)

Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hello!

More and more websites gets the TOTP functionality. It could maybe a good function to show somewhere (maybe inside Watchtower) which of the own logins (for whom TOTP is not enabled yet) offers TOTP.

At the moment every some months I have a look on this website, but in the meantime there are so many, that it is difficult to see all.
https://twofactorauth.org/

Maybe you will find a solution for that or you can do an arrangement with them? I think that could be a good function for all your users.

Cheers!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Philipp -- thanks for the suggestion! Two-step verification (or 2FA) does indeed seem to be gaining a much wider acceptance and use from websites out there, which is a good thing, but definitely does make it difficult to keep up with. In the absence of such a feature as you describe right now, I do have one tip to share: create a tag called TOTP or 2FA or whatever you like, and tag all the login items in 1Password where you've already set up multi-factor authentication.

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Thank you @Lars
    For this case it would be very nice if 1Password account could get "smart folders" back.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@Philipp - oh, we heard you. :) The problem here is that the initial way in which smart folders were implemented isn't cross-platform. One of the things we want to make sure we offer moving forward is as close to feature-parity as we can get. So that means re-writing saved searches (smart folders) in a way that can work across devices. We think it's an important feature as well, so stay tuned for updates.

This discussion has been closed.