Is 1Password safe on my iPad IOS 10.3.3? I cannot update to IOS 11.

Options
kohls
kohls
Community Member

Not sure if it is safe to leave 1Password on my iPad that can no longer be updated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Is 1Password safe on my iPad IOS 10.3.3? I cannot update to IOS 11.

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

kohls,

Yes, 1Password for iOS v6.9 works fine with iOS 10.3.3. I have it on my iPad 4 which cannot be upgraded to iOS 11.

• Hi @kohls

As wkleem mentioned (thanks!) the latest version of 1Password for iOS does currently run on iOS 10. That said, that will not be the case indefinitely, and we’d always recommend running both the latest versions of iOS and 1Password.

Thanks!

Ben

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. 1Password on my iPad IOS 10.3.3 does work fine, but how SAFE is it?

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kohls

Usually Apple will provide emergency security fixes for previous versions for about a year. After that you're on your own. We also plan to switch to iOS 11+ in a future update to 1Password so you'll stop receiving updates from us in the not too distant future as well.

So, for now, using iOS 10 is no less secure than it was last week. But as those security updates and updates from us stop you'll be potentially putting yourself at risk. Just something to keep in mind.

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I actually prefer using my MacBook Air which is up to date, so I removed 1Password and everything else from my iPad except the few things I actually use. My iPhone is up to date as well, so I should be good for a while.

• I don’t think that is necessary but if it makes you feel more comfortable then more power to you. :) :+1:

Ben

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member
    Options

:)

• ssdore
    ssdore
    Community Member
    Options

Where can I download and install the 1password v6.9 iOS app as mentioned in this thread - or any newer version of the app that will run on my iPad 4 running v 10.3.3?

As already mentioned by others, I cannot download the current app bc it requires iOS 11. I cannot update to iOS 11. :[

I just recently started using 1password on my pc and android phone and it is great, but I absolutely also need to on my iPad as well bc I do quite a lot of work on my iPad every day.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ssdore,

If you’ve never downloaded 1Password 6 for iOS using your Apple ID before... I don’t think you can downloading it now. If you had previously downloaded it you may be able to use the App Store > Updates > Tap your profile icon (upper right) > Purchased screen to re-download it.

If you have another iOS device that is running iOS 11 please try downloading 1Password for iOS there first as that will associate 1Password for iOS with your Apple ID.

Ben

• Buddy
    Buddy
    Community Member
    Options

Here it is six months later and I am attempting to put 1Password on a 4th Gen iPad. When I download the app Apple Store says something like "this version isn't compatible, downloading a compatible version." But, when I go to add the device I get locked out with a "update 1password required" or some such. Don't see where 1Password 6.9 is available for download.

I should have known that once I could not update the iOS other apps were sure to start dropping off. The technology train waits for no one. I guess it's a testament to Apple products that the device still works fine.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Buddy,

Did you try the step from my post just above yours? Even if that does work, I have to say that as always we can only recommend running both the latest version of 1Password as well as the latest version of iOS.

Ben

• Buddy
    Buddy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben:

I did.

On the App Store app 'update' screen and/or 'purchased' screen I cannot find a profile icon in the upper right. 1password doesn't appear anywhere on 'purchased' screen. (Which is funny as I had 1password on this device up until last week.) It's a puzzle.

Buddy

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Buddy: There are two options to work around this in the App Store:

• Sign into the Apple ID you used to purchase 1Password already (you can find this by checking your purchase history, or looking for the email receipt Apple sent you)
    • Use your current Apple ID on another device running iOS 11 (or iTunes on a computer) to "purchase" (it's a free download) 1Password 7 so that it is in your App Store purchase history there.

Either one will allow you to attempt to install 1Password 7 on an older device, and then the App Store will tell you that's incompatible and offer to let you download the latest compatible version — which on iOS 10 is version 6.9.1.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.