Will Yandex with this?

Well Firefox iOS won’t work with 1Password (use Xmarks to sync to Vivaldi on my Ubuntu laptop). I was wondering if Yandex since it’s Chomium?

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

Hey @prime,

Just to double-check, are you asking if 1Password for Chrome will work on iOS?

If so, then the answer is a definite no. On iOS, Apple doesn't allow true third-party web browsers. Developers can build browsers, but they all use one of Apple's APIs like UIWebView or WKWebView.

Additionally, iOS apps aren't allowed install your typical browser extension; all code would need to be bundled with the browser.

This, in part, is due to the following guidelines for Apple's App Store:

2.5.2 Apps should be self-contained in their bundles, and may not read or write data outside the designated container area, nor may they download, install, or execute code, including other apps. Educational apps designed to teach, develop, or allow students to test executable code may, in limited circumstances, download code provided that such code is not used for other purposes. Such apps must make the source code provided by the Application completely viewable and editable by the user.

2.5.6 Apps that browse the web must use the appropriate WebKit framework and WebKit Javascript.

I'm not entirely confident on what you are attempting to accomplish, but if you're on iOS, you'll need to use the 1Password for iOS app with built-in extension (which I know works in Google Chrome for iOS).

I hope that helps.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

@beyer The iOS version of this works with 1Password, so I am wondering if this will work with 1Password for Linux. My never ending search for the perfect browser that I can sync all of my bookmarks easily across Linux and iOS and Mac :)

I’m at work, so I thought I would ask you guys :)

I guess I could have just left the whole iOS part out, sorry.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@prime: No worries, the iOS part did indeed throw me off. I did a quick trial run, and 1Password for Chrome does appear to work with Yandex, although we are only officially developing and testing on Google Chrome at this time.

Good luck with your bookmark quest my friend! :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@beyer thanks dude! Much appreciated! Vivaldi said they were working on a sync for bookmarks, and an iOS app. That web browser is awesome! I hope they do this, it will make my life so much easier :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Me too! I love Vivaldi. Here's hoping! :)

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@brenty Well they said Android was their focus 1st after they get sync to work. Yandex, I’ll try. At least the logo looks like a flux capacitor :lol:

You guys are just great talking too about idea. Thanks so much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.