To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot master password

Options

Hello,

I got a new phone today, i went to log in and I have tried every password that I can think of. What are my options for solutions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Could I get an email sent to me as well about forgetting my master password?

• Hi @Agvmeter - Congrats on the new phone and I'm sorry for the troubles with your Master Password. By design, we don't store Master Passwords since it would compromise the security of our users. We don't want anyone to have access to one of the keys to your account, including us, therefore we can't reset this if lost or forgotten.

You can try to guess your Master Password without the fear of being locked out. There are a couple of tips listed in this article that might be helpful to you. By any chance, can you access your 1Password data from another device or do you still have access to your original phone? The only solution if you can't remember it will be starting over with a new account since we don't have the ability to reset this for you. Keep us posted and we'll do our very best to help.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I would be okay starting over, I recently started the Premium service and want to carry that over. On top of that, I want to clear my old data so it is not floating about. Is that the solution for my issue? I don't have any access to the account

• You got it, I just sent an email over to you! I look forward to continuing the conversation :+1:

ref: DQP-94752-889

• Hi Agvmeter - Thank you for getting back to me. Let's continue the conversation via email. I just sent one over to you and I look forward to working with you. Talk to you soon. :smile:

ref: DQP-94752-889

This discussion has been closed.