How do I get 1 Password to function an a Brand New Android phone?

loghome
loghome
Community Member

I paid for the "Pro" version a while ago. I did not sync anywhere but on the local storage of the phone.
I just want to install this on my new Note 8 and be able to set up a local vault.
I don't want to sign up for a subscription either. Just want to set a local vault on the new phone and activate the "Pro" version
What am I missing here? Please help me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@loghome: If you purchased the Pro Features in 1Password for Android, all you need to do to use those on a new device is restore the purchase using the same Google Account you used to make it in the first place. As far as data though, that's not something you can restore from us unless you're using a 1Password.com membership. Otherwise you'll need to sync your vault from another device.

• loghome
    loghome
    Community Member

Thanks, I don't see no options to restore my Google account in 1Password. It just wants me to sign into the subscription service, dropbox or local storage. I can't get to the area where you cam make a new master password ETC.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@loghome: You can only sync an existing vault. Where is the 1Password data you were using previously? Regarding your Google Account, this has nothing to do with your data, only restoring the Pro Features upgrade if you purchased that previously, so that the app is fully unlocked.

• loghome
    loghome
    Community Member

It was on my old phone. I just want to start over with a new vault on this new phone. I have the phone signed into my same google and Samsung accounts and can only get the start free trial screen after installing the program on this new phone.

I don't know what to do.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@loghome: Ah, I see. It isn't possible to create a brand new vault in the app, but you could create one in 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows and then sync it over using Dropbox. And again, you'll be stuck in trial mode in the app unless you install it and restore your purchase using the correct Google Account. Have you tried that?

• loghome
    loghome
    Community Member

I change phones quite a bit. Usually I set up my Gmail and Samsung accounts. Download 1 Password and the app will give me the option to set a new master password and start a new vault. Also it will unlock my "Pro" features automatically.

Not this time, it wants sync or sign into the subscription deal which I don't have. I just want my Pro features unlocked and to be able to make a vault on the internal storage of the phone.

• loghome
    loghome
    Community Member

To make this simple.

Paid for the "Pro" version and want to use 1Password on a new Android phone without syncing anywhere.

All I'm getting is "Start my trial" "Sync using" or sign up for a subscription service all of which I don't want.

Please let me know how to get 1Password installed on my new device. Thanks.

• loghome
    loghome
    Community Member

Is agilebits just screwing everyone out of the "Pro" versions they purchased and pushing their monthly service now?

This is just not right.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@loghome: As I'mentioned above, you can't make a new vault on the device. While I'm not sure why you would want to throw out the 1Password data you'd been using previously, you can copy a vault there from another though, and then just not use sync going forward if you want. This can be done with the trial version of the desktop apps if you haven't paid for those. Let me know what you're working with if you need help with that. However, for the Pro Features to be unlocked you will need to use the correct Google Account. There just isn't any way around that, and it's not something we have control over. The Play store is owned and operated by Google. If you check your receipt for the purchase it should tell you which one that would be. It just isn't information we have access to.

• loghome
    loghome
    Community Member

I have paid 'Pro" versions on our PC's. Can I just copy the anglekeychain from the PC over to the Android phone and have it work?

• loghome
    loghome
    Community Member

Can I just copy the 1password.agilekeychain from the PC over to the Android phone and have it work?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@loghome: You should be able to just copy the AgileKeychain to your phone and then select it using the "Local Storage Sync" option when you setup 1Password. Does that help?

• loghome
    loghome
    Community Member

Do I need to copy the whole 1Password folder that the AgileKeychain is in or just AgileKeychain file it's self?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@loghome: The whole thing. On non-Apple platforms, 1Password.agilekeychain (or whatever you've named it) will show up as a folder, but you need to copy the whole thing, as that's the vault container with all of the data in it in various files. If anything is missing from it, it may not open at all, or be missing data.

• loghome
    loghome
    Community Member

Thanks, brenty. Will it run find if I copy the files to the SD card in the phone or does it have to be on the internal storage on an Android device?

• Hi @loghome. That really depends on your device. In order for 1Password to read the vault, it needs to be mounted as internal storage. Some devices mount SD cards that way, and on those devices you can sync with SD cards. On others, 1Password won't be able to read the vault from there.

You're welcome to move it to your SD card and give it a shot, but if 1Password isn't able to detect it, you'll need to move it to internal storage.

This discussion has been closed.