Android 8 - Autofill Can't Find Password for App??

amswitzer
amswitzer
Community Member

Hi - just upgraded to Oreo on my Nexus 6P. Trouble on my RBC banking app, 1Password indicates it cannot find a valid password for the app even though the id and password are in 1Password and it works on the RBC site and previously, I could copy/paste it into the field on the app.

How do I create a new version of the record that works Android Autofill, or do I need to edit something on the existing entry for this to happen?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android Oreo 8
Sync Type: 1Password account.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@amswitzer: The problem is it depends on the app's ID, and I'm not familiar with that. DO you have a link? Often it's as obvious as something like com.rbcbank for rbcbank.com, but sometimes developers get "creative" and this pattern matching doesn't work. You should, however, be able to search manually to fill it using the 1Password Keyboard. We'll be adding easier ways to customize it in future versions to, to make it easier to setup logins to match what you want them to. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• amswitzer
    amswitzer
    Community Member

HI and thanks for the response. I don't seem to be able to get it to work.

Here's a tip on how to find that app ID. (Got this from a Google Search)

Go to the Google Play Store and search for the app. When you find it, the app ID is on the end of the URL. For the RBC app, it's https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rbc.mobile.android. So then the app id = com.rbc.mobile.android

My challenge is to find out how to put that into the website field in 1Password to get it to work. I can't seem to figure that out.

Any tips I can try.

• amswitzer
    amswitzer
    Community Member

Me again - apparently, one has to be able to add an app link to the record in 1Password. So my question remains... now that I have the app ID, how do I add the app link?

• Hey @amswitzer. There's no way to add the app link or a second URL to a Login item in 1Password at the moment, but these are both things we'll consider adding in the future. For now, there are a couple of workarounds. First, you could use Autofill to create a new Login item for that app, which will automatically be linked. Or you can change the URL associated with the login to https://mobile.rbc.com. Either workaround should allow you to fill in the RBC app.

• amswitzer
    amswitzer
    Community Member

Thanks @peri . That did the trick!

• No problem! Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.