Custom icons not syncing 100%

Options
moof
moof
Community Member

1Password Family, updated a ton of icons via my Mac, near instant updates to my synced iPad, but droid is taking its time... in fact I'd say stalled.

Plenty have changed but not all

Any way to force an update?

Is it worth deleting the entire app and data and reinstalling to suck down the most up to date icons?

TIA

1Password Version: 6.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 7.1.2
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Hi @moof. 1Password on Android doesn't currently support custom icons. You'll be able to view the default rich icons on Android, but your custom icons won't sync. This is something we may support in the future, though, and I'll pass the request along! ref: OPA-1067

• moof
    moof
    Community Member
    Options

awwww thats pants :( but hey, not a deal breaker!

so these icons I thought had synced, must be getting them from the web url in the ITEM.

How can you ensure you get a BETTER icon or more accurate? I've got some very strange ones where no URL is present

• Indeed, @moof, the rich icons you're seeing are being downloaded from our server based on the item URLs. I'm not sure what you mean by strange icons. Can you elaborate? Are you seeing our generic item icons?

• moof
    moof
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

I see the CATEGORIES icons fine... its the ITEM icons that do weird and wonderful things on my Droid.

I appear to be getting a pixelated version of the NO-IP logo as displayed on the left (actual logo on the right). I had thought that those records where URL-less but

*while typing this post I may have realised WHY its pulling that pixelated logo _(because the url contains a no-ip created logo)_

how can I encourage the app to pull a sharp looking logo? is there a way to fudge the url to get a better logo?

• Thanks @moof. I'm seeing the actual logo on the right on my device, and the URL associated with it is: https://www.noip.com/. Is that what you have? I'm not sure why it's looking pixelated for you. Can you tap Settings > Display, and toggle rich icons off and back on? Does that help?

• moof
    moof
    Community Member
    Options

toggling doesn't no, but what I find is that if I play with the URL I get better/worse logos for various sites.

most of the affected (with the above pixelated logo) have a custom domain with no-ip, so **customdomain.no-ip.org **

• Sorry, @moof, but I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my end. Are you able to share the domain you're using? Are you having trouble with any other items?

• dkav
    dkav
    Community Member
    Options

Another vote for custom icons synching between desktop and mobile.

• Thanks @dkav. I'll pass the request along to the team!

This discussion has been closed.