To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

New account - can't locate secret key

Options
MaribethB
MaribethB
Community Member

I opened an account on my pc at work, but did not print out the secret key, thinking I would be able to delve into the details at home later on.
So, I'm now at my home PC. I have my master password, but cannot figure out how to now locate my secret key in order to sign in. Thanks in advance for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MaribethB :)
    There are multiple places where you can locate your secret key, all of which are outlined in this article:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

Hope that helps. :)
    Corey

• MaribethB
    MaribethB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Corey. Unfortunately, I have tried these options. Since I've not yet set up anything in my new account, should I cancel this and start over?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Are you not logged in on your work PC? If so, you should be able to get the details from it after the weekend.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@MaribethB: Indeed, you'll be able to access your account details (but not the Master Password, which you will need to unlock) in you account settings in a browser or app you've already authorized with your account. Does that help?

ref: GVC-97389-862

This discussion has been closed.