Shortcuts not working [confirmed bug; fixed in 1Password for Mac version 6.8.2]

2»

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

Hi @askielboe -- thanks for weighing in. This one's marked as very high-priority in our internal list of to-dos, so I suspect you'll see it ASAP. The best way to get it as quickly as possible will be to turn on beta updates in 1Password for Mac -- go to Preferences > Updates and make sure you check the box marked Include Beta builds. See this support article for more info:

Use 1Password beta releases

• jparada
    jparada
    Community Member

This is really weird, I have this working correctly on a MBP but it's not in another one. The weird thing is that I'm using same custom shortcuts, same OS and same browser (same version as well).

I believe that there's nothing to do but wait for a solution...

• There should be a fix for this in the 6.8.2.BETA-1 release if anyone is interested in running that build and providing feedback.

Rudy

• tomash
    tomash
    Community Member

Hello,
    I set a keyboard shortcut to fill in login details in Safari, but it does not work.
    Simply nothing is happening.
    Do you know what the problem can be?
    Thanks!
    Tomash

1Password Version: 6.8.1
    Extension Version: 4.6.9
    OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• rudy
    edited September 2017

@tomash,

See this thread (where your post has been merged) for a resolution for this issue.

Rudy

• davetherave112
    davetherave112
    Community Member

+1 - Same issue; occurred after resetting my 1Password account and starting from scratch (after a forgotten master password).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @davetherave112 -- please see posts earlier in this thread for explanation and solution possibilities. Thanks for reporting! :)

• ashortapnea
    ashortapnea
    Community Member

Problem solved with the last update.

Thanks for your support.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for confirming that the 6.8.2 update solved it for you, @ashortapnea. :+1:

• Morphe
    Morphe
    Community Member

Hi, Thank you for the update. Now the shortcuts work like before. It's sooooo good to get this feature back. :chuffed:

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@Morphe: You're welcome. I sure can't take the credit, but I'm delighted to hear everything is working as it should now.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help! :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• gilesbutler
    gilesbutler
    Community Member

Hey guys,

Just created an account as this has been bugging me for weeks. I bought a new MBP recently and the keyboard shortcuts just stopped working for me too. The updates didn't work either. I just found the solution that worked for me.

OSX has assigned the Shift + Command + / keyboard shortcut to Show Help Menu. Disabling this in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts now makes the keyboard shortcuts in 1Password mini work again

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for sharing! To be clear, that isn't related to the issue being discussed here, which has been fixed in the current version. However, you brought up a good point: conflicting keyboard shortcuts can prevent 1Password's from functioning. But I'm not seeing any conflict between Show Help Menu and 1Password's login filling here, so I wonder if something else on your system was hung up. Either way, glad that worked for you. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.