Can't update 1 Password

Can't update 1Password it says I either cancelled or its under another ID. I've had it since 2014. I have all my password stored here. I use it on my phone, iPad, laptop, desktop (MAC and Windows)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't update 1Password it says I either cancelled or its under another ID. I've had it since 2014

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@kgeldhof: In order for the App Store to validate the app, you'll need to install it using the Apple ID you used to purchase it, and also be signed into that Apple ID when running it the first time at the very least, and when updating. Definitely check your records for your receipt, so you can verify the correct Apple ID. And if you're still having trouble, you can always drag the app to the Trash (do NOT use "cleaner" app!), restart your Mac, and install a fresh copy from the App Store. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Reinstalling it seemed to work. Thanks!

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know! I know I've had that happen with App Store apps at times too, so I figured it was worth mentioning. Cheers! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file