Watchtower and Acronis site issue in Teams but not in Windows

Options

Watchtower warned me about a vulnerability in Acronis.com which I changed the password but I am still being warned (There is red dot in Watchtower for Acronis.com)

I only changed the password 2 months ago in July 2017. Must I keep changing the password then? I am uncertain when the password will stick.

Oddly, the problem appears to reside in Watchtower for Teams as I am not seeing Watchtower for the same login in 1Password v6.7.457?

A side issue is that attempting to view Acronis.com in https://watchtower.agilebits.com results in constant flickering for "acronis.com (HTTPS)".

1Password Version: 1Password v6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Even more annoying is that when I tried amazon.com in https://watchtower.agilebits.com, the entire screen was dancing!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Watchtower warned me about a vulnerability in Acronis.com which I changed the password but I am still being warned (There is red dot in Watchtower for Acronis.com)

@wkleem: In which version of 1Password?

I only changed the password 2 months ago in July 2017. Must I keep changing the password then? I am uncertain when the password will stick. Oddly, the problem appears to reside in Watchtower for Teams as I am not seeing Watchtower for the same login in 1Password v6.7.457?

Are you certain you changed the password and not just modified something else in that login? Are you seeing the previously used password there? Can you give me the exact URL of your login?

Even more annoying is that when I tried amazon.com in https://watchtower.agilebits.com, the entire screen was dancing!

Huh?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Does the forum software allow video attachments? I would need to send a video with my phone.

I am unable to now but should a reveal password work to show differences?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi

I am on Chrome v 61.0.3163.100.

For Windows, I am on 1Password v6.7.457. The 1Password for Web version is what there is as I have no control over it. Here are some screenshots:

Windows version

1Password.com

I am waiting for your reply re : video attachment.

This particular login's item history shows that I modified the password twice on July 10 2017.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

How does Amazon.com look when in Chrome v61? You will need to watch for at least a minute.
    https://watchtower.agilebits.com/check?h=amazon.com&port=443

• @wkleem: I do see a slight jiggle on the Watchtower website right away on Firefox. I suspect the website is more likely to be overhauled entirely in the (possibly distant) future than to be tweaked to get rid of that at this point, but I'll let the proper parties know all the same. :+1:

As for Windows and the webapp disagreeing about this vulnerability, it looks like 1Password for Windows has it right this time. Do you recall what app you used to change this password? Was it done in 1Password for Windows or elsewhere? Thanks! :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kate, Thanks for the confirmation! I cannot recollect where I made the change but It may have been in iOS which does not display the false positive result as well.

Thanks.

• @wkleem: I'm going to try importing a vulnerable item and editing it in various different apps (starting with iOS) to see if I can can get the vulnerability to stick in the webapp, but I'm just about to scoot for the day so I probably won't get to it until tomorrow. Out of curiosity and in case it turns out to matter, are you on iOS 11 or are you less fancy like me and still on 10.3.3? Either way, thanks for the extra info and I'll let you know what I find out. :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi Kate (Bundt as in Bundt Cake), :)

As 1Password 6.9 still works with iOS 10.3.3 that is where I am on until at least up to 6 months while 11 stabilises!! :)

iOS 11 with iTune 12.7 has other issues which is that with iTunes 12.7 removes the App Store from iTunes. All apps must be managed from their respective devices.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Wow. The days of me syncing with iTunes are long behind me. I didn't realize anyone was still doing that (maybe Apple did too!) since iOS went "PC free" with version 5 in 2011. It may be that future versions of 1Password for iOS move to iOS 11, but that's a bit in the future — and you'll still be able to install the latest supported version for your device regardless. Cheers! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

@brenty, I don't do this regularly but what about restoring old version and ITunes was the only way I knew how it was done. "Not on this Device" always downloaded the latest supported version which may not be what I wanted.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

With regards to where I changed the login details, I may even have used 1Password.com to update the password. I cannot recall unfortunately! :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries. We'll see what we can discover. I think it may be related to an issue I filed earlier.

ref: OPW6-1109

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

All clear now with regard to the Watchtower "jiggle" and this discussion now that Watchtower has been overhauled and moved to Watchtower 2.0. I am surprised this discussion is still open, nearly 2 years later.

I do see a slight jiggle on the Watchtower website right away on Firefox. I suspect the website is more likely to be overhauled entirely in the (possibly distant) future than to be tweaked to get rid of that at this point, but I'll let the proper parties know all the same. :+1:

I am now on 1Password7.3.684 for Windows.

I only noticed, belatedly, the discussion in in 1Password 4 for Windows when it should have been in 1Password 6 now 7 for Windows?

This discussion has been closed.