New team + new personal account >> connect them?

Options

I would like to start using 1password for two purposes:

1. As a place to manage our team's passwords
  2. As a place to manage my own passwords.

What's important to me is that those two accounts are separate, i.e. that my personal passwords won't be lost in case I change teams. Ideally, I would be able to authorize my private account as a team member, so I can access the team passwords as well as my own passwords.

What I've done is create two trial accounts - a team account for the team, and a personal one for myself. I have added my private e-mail address as a team member and sent myself an invitation. The mail arrived, but I can't use it log into my existing account- the system seems to expect me to create a new account.

Is what I'm trying to do possible?
Cheers, LY

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @lord_yo,

That sounds like a pretty common scenario. I personally have 3 accounts. A 1Password Families account where I put all of my personal stuff (and things I share with my wife), a 1Password Teams account for everything AgileBits, and another 1Password Teams account for another company that I'm still a part of.

All accounts are completely separate, and each of those has their own Master Password, and their own Secret Key. There's no easy linking of accounts such that one set of credentials can access multiple accounts.

In order to make things easier, we recommend using our apps which make it possible to add multiple accounts and use a single password to unlock them all.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.