To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Uninstalling 1pass with expired license so laptop can be added to new account

Options
dennisbatey
dennisbatey
Community Member

On 30d trail but planning to purchase 1P6--have installed it on iMac, iPad and iPhone (all in one account) but couldn't add my MacBook to account as it has an old trial version with expired license & I don't recall the master password. Can access my 1P account via Safari but want software installed on MacBook so don't have to rely on internet access. Unsuccessful in attempts to uninstall on MacBook--using ctrl-opt to quit 1P and 1P mini doesn't make any difference--it still wants the old master password.

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @dennisbatey :)
    Congratulations on the new 1Password.com account. Without the old master password, you will not be able to access your old data as it is the only way to decrypt it. Were you trying to migrate your old data to your new account or did you just want to start over again fresh with your new account?

• dennisbatey
    dennisbatey
    Community Member
    Options

I just wanted to start over. I downloaded 1P6 for the initial trial way back when with good intentions but never used it to any extent so there really isn't any data that needs to be accessed.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

In that case @dennisbatey, if you are sure you just want to start over, when you open up 1Password on your Mac, go to Help>Troubleshooting>Reset All 1Password Data and follow the on screen instructions and that will reset 1Password back to fresh and you can then add your new account.

Cheers :)
    Corey

• dennisbatey
    dennisbatey
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks...solved the problem

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Good to hear @dennisbatey . If you have any other issues, I'm here to help. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad Corey_C was able to help you get that sorted. We're here if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.