To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Trouble adding my new iPhone to my account

srbnyc
srbnyc
Community Member

Per instructions I have scanned the QR code with my new Iphone and received what appears to be an instruction to onepassword to add it to my account. However, in my profile the phone hasn't been added. Am I supposed to do something the the message I received after scanning
[onepassword://team-account/add?email+(MY EMAIL)&server=https://myipassword.com& (MY KEY)?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Trouble adding a new iPhone to my account

Comments

• srbnyc
    srbnyc
    Community Member

This is srbnyc: I should add that when I try to add my account on the iPhone 1password app, I cannot complete the sign in because a repeated message that "Dropbox authorization failed" keeps covering the sign in form. This happened even after I removed the sync with Dropbox setting from my Mac 1password app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

This is srbnyc: I should add that when I try to add my account on the iPhone 1password app, I cannot complete the sign in because a repeated message that "Dropbox authorization failed" keeps covering the sign in form. This happened even after I removed the sync with Dropbox setting from my Mac 1password app.

@srbnyc: It sounds like you may be experiencing all of this after updating iOS and/or setting up the new device from a backup. That will invalidate your Dropbox authentication and require you to re-authenticate. 1Password is just trying to connect to Dropbox like you told it to previously, and Dropbox is requesting that you sign in. Please do that and you will no longer be prompted.

Per instructions I have scanned the QR code with my new Iphone and received what appears to be an instruction to onepassword to add it to my account. However, in my profile the phone hasn't been added. Am I supposed to do something the the message I received after scanning [onepassword://team-account/add?email+(MY EMAIL)&server=https://myipassword.com&; (MY KEY)?

1Password.com cannot automatically setup the app for you, but if you open 1Password for iOS and go to Settings > Accounts you can add it there:

Sign in to your 1Password account

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• srbnyc
    srbnyc
    Community Member

It turns out that 1Password on the Mac was signed into one Dropbox account and I was trying to add the new phone with a different account. Once I realized that, the problem was solved. Thanks for your advice.

• bundtkate
    edited September 2017

@srbnyc: I'm glad to hear that you were able to sort things out and the Brenty's advice was helpful! If we can do anything else to help, we're here for you. :+1:

ref: MTC-16877-973

This discussion has been closed.