To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

my email address is incorrect and so I can't confirm my email and access the beta chrome extension.

Options
elkreiter
elkreiter
Community Member

I can't find a way to change my email, which I need to do in order to confirm my email and access the beta chrome extension. Is there a way to change my email from the incorrect one to the gmail address associated with my account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:my email address is incorrect and so I can't confirm my email and access the beta chrome extension.

Comments

• @elkreiter : do you mean how to change the email address associated with your forum account?

If so, you should be able to:

Does that work for you?

Rick

• zknill
    zknill
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, I have the same problem.

Followed the advice above and the only option from the mentioned dropdown is "Preferences" which only allows me to change my email notification settings or password. But not email.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@zknill: You have to click "Edit" from your own profile, not someone else's. Does this link work better for you?

https://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/edit/

Let me know if that helps!

• zknill
    zknill
    Community Member
    Options

It does work! :+1:

But for clarity, I was describing the page after navigating to the link https://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/zknill

I would upload a screenshot of the page, but image upload is broken too!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@zknill -- were you able to change your email address?

• zknill
    zknill
    Community Member
    Options

Yes managed it, thanks! Also now able to attach images, so as promised...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ahh, that's because you're not a verified member of the forums yet. The forum software we use needs to verify your email address before you see the full suite of options in your profile. You should have received an email at the address you used to sign up, immediately after registering. There was a link inside to verify your email address.

If you didn't receive that, or didn't act on it and no longer have it, then when you are on your profile page, you should see a little dark box in the lower-right corner of your screen that says you still need to confirm your email, with a link to resend the email. That should take care of it for you.

This discussion has been closed.