On 4k display the copy/autotype/conceal buttons are REALLY far away

Options

I'm using the latest version of 1Password for Windows on Windows 7 with a 4k monitor.

When opened to full screen the buttons to copy/autotype/conceal a field are really far from the data themselves. The shaded bar helps a lot but it's still less user-friendly (especially if using a trackpad) to move all the way across to click.

Would love to see those move over to be on the left of the field names so it'd look like this:

Either as a configurable option or for all the time (I'm not sure if there's any reason someone would prefer to have it on the far side of the field, but I don't presume to know).

Thanks for considering!

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 7 64
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jbs -- thanks for writing in; it appears you're using 1Password 4 for Windows. The current version of 1Password for Windows is actually version 6, but that version works only with 1password.com accounts, while the older 1Password 4 for Windows remains the version for standalone vaults. At this time, on the Windows side, most of our development energy is going into getting the upcoming 1Password 7 ready for release (and no, I don't have any timeline to share with you for when that might be). 1Password 7 for Windows will accommodate both local vaults and 1Password accounts, so you'll be able to upgrade to it regardless of your current 1Password setup.

However, it does mean that at this time, 1Password 4 for Windows is receiving only necessary security or compatibility updates. In other words, we won't be getting to this request, I'm sorry to say. I'd suggest for the present that you not put 1Password into full-screen mode on such a large monitor unless absolutely necessary. And if you'd like to get an idea of how the current version handles such issues, take a look at the Getting Started guide for 1Password 6 for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.