1Password Chrome Browser extension stops working

Options

For the past few months, my 1Password browser extension stops working randomly. After a period of using my browser clicking on the icon simply does nothing and I always have to exit my browser and re-open it. I noticed that it usually stops working after I attempt to auto-fill on https://chase.com. It fails to autofill after selecting my account, then never reopens. I am not presented with the browser extension out of sync with browser message.

Chrome: Version 59.0.3071.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.6.90
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.4
Sync Type: 2 Teams, 1 Family account

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @blakedotme,

Sorry about the trouble with 1Password. It sounds like the 1Password extension is losing it's connection to the 1Password app somehow and failing to re-connect. If that happens, the extension is supposed to open a new tab explaining this. However if you're not seeing that something else is going wrong too.

I think it would useful to take a look at a Diagnostics Report to see if there are any errors reported by the 1Password for Mac app when the connection drops. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/79283/1password-chrome-browser-extension-stops-working#latest
    • Your forum username: blakedotme

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• blakedotme
    blakedotme
    Community Member
    Options

@matthew_ag Thanks for your response. Done and sent.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @blakedotme, we got it!

We'll investigate and be in touch over email.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• cyphun
    cyphun
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure what the resolution was here, but I have the same issue. I will do the same thing and send in my diagnostic report.

• cyphun
    cyphun
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID #JVK-63673-776

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @cyphun,

Somebody will be in touch shortly and thank you for posting the ticket ID.

ref: JVK-63673-776

This discussion has been closed.