To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Browser app no longer opening in Firefox and Chrome, but iPhone app still works

kmoreira
kmoreira
Community Member

Hi,
I have 1Pw browser app installed on my laptop (where I use it through my Chrome and Firefox extensions) and also on my iPhone. I have an individual account (purchased through AgileBits website) and use a teams account for work.
Recently, my Master Password stopped working to log in to the web extensions and the App on my laptop. I've tested inputting the Master Pws for both my individual and my work account but neither works. My iPhone app continues to be functional, however, using my individual Master Pw.

Right now I cannot open the extension nor auto-log into platforms on my computer. To log into a website, I have to look up the passwords in my phone app and manually type them in on my laptop.

Please advise how I can remedy this. Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91 (Firefox and Chrome)
OS Version: OSX El Capitan 10.11.6
Sync Type: not sure - maybe iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kmoreira - sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Master Password on your computer. It's a bit worrisome that neither your "home" nor your "work" Master Passwords are working for you, but the first thing I'm going to suggest is that you try these steps to see if any of that helps you. If you're still stuck after trying all of that, let us know. Good luck!

• kmoreira
    kmoreira
    Community Member

Hi Lars,
    I tried the suggestions at the link you sent and confirmed I am typing the same info into my iPhone as my web browser - and the web browser version continues to not open, but my app version does successfully.
    I recently changed my iCloud password, though, so I wonder if this could be a possible cause.
    My iPhone 1Pw app is synced with iCloud and has last updated a minute ago. However, my 1Pw app on my laptop is showing that it last synced with iCloud 8 days ago. I'd like to try syncing with iCloud using my laptop, but under preferences it says "Please unlock 1Password to change sync preferences."
    Is there a way to reset or reload 1Pw to my laptop using iCloud?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kmoreira -- OK, now I'm a little confused -- in your first post, you said

Master Password stopped working to log in to the web extensions and the App on my laptop

but in your most recent reply, you said

the web browser version continues to not open, but my app version does successfully.

I guess I'm not quite clear which versions are opening and which are not, so at this point, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#QVW-66734-183]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @kmoreira only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

• kmoreira
    kmoreira
    Community Member

Hi Lars,
    Apologies for the confusion. My iPhone app works. My laptop application & web extensions do not.

• kmoreira
    kmoreira
    Community Member

I have sent the diagnostics reports to you. Thanks Lars!

• @kmoreira Thanks so much! I'll let Lars know so he can hop in there. :) We'll talk to you soon.

ref: QVW-66734-183

This discussion has been closed.