To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

trying to reset all 1password data, but command is grayed out. Solution?

Options
robertcarr
robertcarr
Community Member

I'm trying to sync vaults on two networked iMacs. Instructions I found on the Agilebits sits has a process in which the "old" 1Password data on the computer to be synced with the "lead" computer has to be removed. It says that I should reset all 1Password data, using that command under help>troubleshooting. However, it's always grayed out. How can I get it to work?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:trying to reset all 1password data, but command is grayed out

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hey there @robertcarr :)
    1Password has to be locked for that option to be available. Generally, if people can unlock 1Password, there are better options than resetting and deleting all the data on that computer. So it is only an available option while locked.

Hope that helps :)
    Corey

• Hey @robertcarr! Sorry about that. As Corey mentioned above, 1Password for Mac needs to be locked to reset all its data. You should be all set once it is. :)

• Enric
    Enric
    Community Member
    Options

Generally speaking, disabling a menu option produces a poor user experience, it is better not to disable it but to show a message to the user saying that 1Password needs to be locked for this option to work. That will save users like me the time to google for how to enable it.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.