To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I am a new user. What is a 'vault' and what is an 'item'. A beginner's guide would be helpful!

MrNils
MrNils
Community Member

Why is this not a basic part of your site and service?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:What is a 'vault'

Comments

• Hey @MrNils! Great questions. :) A vault is a container for your passwords, credit cards, addresses, and anything else you want to store in 1Password. They're used to organize your information, and you can have multiple if you want to categorize things. Item refers to all the things I just mentioned — passwords, credit cards, etc. — that are stored within a vault. We also have a glossary of terms used in 1Password if you'd like to peruse it:

1Password glossary

Hope this helps!

• MrNils
    MrNils
    Community Member

thanks. I've signed up mostly to manage passwords to websites I use. Do you have a step by step guide to replacing current permissions with the 1pass protocol on each of these sites?

• MrNils
    MrNils
    Community Member

Does each website get its own vault?

• @MrNils No problem!

Do you have a step by step guide to replacing current permissions with the 1pass protocol on each of these sites?

I assume you mean for changing your passwords? If so, yes we do:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

I'd recommend giving the getting started section of our support website a read to familiarize yourself with 1Password:

Get started

Does each website get its own vault?

Each website has its own Login item. Login items are stored in vaults. You only need one vault, unless you have more than a few hundred items, then you may want to organize them into separate vaults.

This discussion has been closed.