Old version of 1Password won't open [legacy 32-bit apps cannot run on iOS 11 or 12]

Comments

• Thanks, @ingmar. I’ve forwarded your request to the appropriate team.

Ben

ref: RBY-85855-344

• bcameta
    bcameta
    Community Member

I cannot access my 1password app after updating to IOS 11 - a message says that an upgrade is required - but a follow up message says that developer has not submitted an updated version . What should I do?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2017

@bcameta

Please see this post.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: IUR-77213-789

• KonaBoy
    KonaBoy
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Please HELP to recover my data from my 1Password 3 App. I thought I backed up my data but didn’t when I updated to iOS 11 and have not been able to get into the app. :'(

My support ID is #MCP-42684-455.

Thank you in advance.

• Thanks @KonaBoy. Your ticket has been flagged for the appropriate folks. We’ll be in touch via email soon.

Ben

• patriciasullivan
    patriciasullivan
    Community Member

Hi Ben, I have the same problem with my new iphone8 running OS11. Support number is #AVS-19781-493

• johnselickman
    johnselickman
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

I’m having difficulty accessing the app as well. I followed your above instructions and my support ID is: [#NQP-87352-381]. Thanks in advance for your help.

• patriciasullivan
    patriciasullivan
    Community Member

FYI, I just upgraded iphone8 to 11.0.1, and 1password now works on my iphone8!!!!

• @patriciasullivan

I'm not sure how that would be possible, if you are in fact using 1Password 3 for iOS, but if that is indeed the case you'll want to follow these instructions ASAP:

How to upgrade from 1Password 3 on your iPhone or iPad - 1Password Support

Thanks.

Ben

• @johnselickman

We've received your email and will be in touch soon. Thanks.

Ben

• chrs_sx
    chrs_sx
    Community Member

Can't find version because it won't open. Forgot warning about app when I ok'd upgrade.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: IOS11
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Upgraded my iPhone to IOS11. Passwords will not open. Upgrade available?

• Hi @chrs_sx,

Please see this post.

Thanks!

Ben

• chrs_sx
    chrs_sx
    Community Member

Requested that I add the Support ID to the thread.

EPI-54167-254

• Thanks @chrs_sx. We'll continue the conversation by email.

Ben

• chrs_sx
    chrs_sx
    Community Member

Ben or Steve,
    Being called away and have to break off. Quick question, which I'll also include in e-mail to Ben. I just saw 1Password 6.9 in the App Store. Is that the version I need to migrate to? Apple Support didn't suggest it when I talked to them. Didn't realize it was there.
    Thanks.
    Chris

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chrs_sx: Correct. 1Password 6 is the current major version, with 6.9 being the latest release available in the App Store. This can be used to migrate the data from the older version (3. The problem is that this is only possible on iOS 10 or earlier, since iOS 11 will not run 32-bit apps (which 1Password 3 was due to its age, since 64-bit did not exist on iOS back then). That's why — in addition to Apple's own warnings when opening 32-bit apps on iOS 10 that they will not work in iOS 11 — we had 1Password 3 prompt users for months to update as well. So, after that threshold has been crossed, the only way to recover the data is to do so manually using a computer, with the Master Password being required to decrypt the data. There just isn't any way to do a direct migration on iOS when it will not run 1Password 3. :(

• bcameta
    bcameta
    Community Member

I received the email below last night but not a follow up. I'm desperate to access my passwords.

My human friends have received your email follow up from your conversation in the forum and they will be back with you shortly.

For your reference, your support ID is [#KHC-72619-923]. Please include this ID in the subject of any followup emails so we can keep things organized. You may also have been asked to post this ID back to your thread in our discussion forum to expedite your request.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@bcameta: Thanks! We do try to respond to messages on a first-come-first-served basis, and I'm sorry that that means you've had to wait while we reply to others before you. We'll be in touch shortly via email, both to avid confusing back and forth between there and here, and to get back to everyone more efficiently instead of having the same conversation in multiple places. Thanks for your patience!

ref: IUR-77213-789

• mirela_duras
    mirela_duras
    Community Member

Hello Ben and the team
    I have the same problem as the rest of people here. I can't access my 1password due to IOS upgrade - upgrade done to IOS 11. My case ID - [#QXS-54781-542]. . I would appreciate your help with getting access to 1Password so I can retrieve data stored there. thanks a lot. Mirela

• mirela_duras
    mirela_duras
    Community Member

Hello team agile - any response would be appreciate! thanks

• Ntavarinou
    Ntavarinou
    Community Member

VIM-45619-423
    I cannot access my 1password app under IOS 11

• trentsevern
    trentsevern
    Community Member

my support ID is [#AKT-96868-963]

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ntavarinou - Sorry to hear about the difficulty, and we'll be with you shortly via email.

ref: VIM-45619-423

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mirela_duras - I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with 1Password 3 for iOS just now; we'll respond via email as quickly as we're able.

ref: QXS-54781-542

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

1Password 3! Wow. Too late now but considering that the 1Password 4 purchase gave us a free path to 1Password 6.9 with Pro features, I am thankful for that. I noticed Apple released iOS 11.0.1 lately.

Although not recommended, perhaps those affected could find a way to get 1Password 4.x then? 1Password 5 onwards became a Freemium model.

• Although not recommended, perhaps those affected could find a way to get 1Password 4.x then? 1Password 5 onwards became a Freemium model.

They need to get v6 (which is also freemium) in order to use 1Password on iOS 11. :)

Ben

• mirela_duras
    mirela_duras
    Community Member

@Lars - thank you! Appreciate it. I forgot to mention in my email that I only use mobile app for 1 Password

QXS-54781-542

• Thanks @mirela_duras. We'll be in touch soon.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben.

I am still on iOS 10.3.3 waiting for iOS 11 to stabilise. I got confused plus I am on 1Password v6.9 for iOS now.

• Cool. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.