running android 6.0.1 after entering pw i can't get to keyboard to enter login data

gtoyen
gtoyen
Community Member

After I unlock the 1 password app I can't see the three bars in the upper left. Possibly if I could see the bars I could also access KP

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:running android 6.0.1 after entering pw i can't get to keyboard to enter login data

Comments

• gtoyen
    gtoyen
    Community Member

running android 6.0.1 after entering pw i can't get to keyboard to enter login data After I unlock the 1 password app I can't see the three bars in the upper left. Possibly if I could see the bars I could also access KP

• gtoyen
    gtoyen
    Community Member

I have found that my phone is using version 1.8.5.2 of 1 password

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gtoyen: Are you sure? I'm not even sure what that is. I don't recall us ever having a version number matching that, and certainly it would predate the Google Play store. Where did you get it? You can get the current version of 1Password for Android, which is still under active development and fully supported on Android 6 from the Google Play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.agilebits.onepassword

Also, could you tell me what you mean by "KP"?

• gtoyen
    gtoyen
    Community Member

I checked and I got the current version of 1password for the Google play store. The KP is a typo I ment KB for keyboard.

• gtoyen
    gtoyen
    Community Member

Re: where I found info on the version number of 1 password. I went to settings on the phone and then to Apps, in apps I found 1password reader and the it said version #1.8.5.2.

If i got the latest version would i lose the passwords already stored?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

I checked and I got the current version of 1password for the Google play store. The KP is a typo I ment KB for keyboard.

@gtoyen: Ah, gotcha.

Re: where I found info on the version number of 1 password. I went to settings on the phone and then to Apps, in apps I found 1password reader and the it said version #1.8.5.2.

Oh. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Yeah "1Password Reader" is super old. Didn't ring a bell til I heard the name. Thank you.

If i got the latest version would i lose the passwords already stored?

You should be able to keep them. The 1Password Reader app worked only with an existing 1Password vault — AgileKeychain — so as long as you have a copy of that (probably syncing it from another device) you can safely delete 1Password Reader. However, before you do that let's make sure we have a plan. Where else do you have your 1Password data? Are you syncing it using Dropbox?

This discussion has been closed.