1Password icon in Firefox toolbar issue

massive323
massive323
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Mac

over the last couple of months i've been having an issue with filling it password via the 1password icon on the firefox toolbar - if i click it, somethings nothing happens - i have to restart firefox in order for it to have any functionality which will last for a while, then it'll happen again . I never used to have this issue and i don't know if it's a firefox issue or not. (extension was last updated 3rd september..

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.6.11.3
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @massive323 -- sorry you're having trouble with Firefox just now. Thanks for providing your version of 1Password and the extension -- what version of Firefox are you running?

• massive323
    massive323
    Community Member

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@massive323 - Would you please delete the 1Password extension, upgrade Firefox to the current version - 56.0 - and see if there's any change in the behavior? Thanks.

• sjkpdx
    sjkpdx
    Community Member

I've had a similar issue. The 1P extension in Firefox will just quit working. Even after restarting FF it won't work. This has happened over the last several versions of FF, including the most recent (v56.0). If I delete the extension and reinstall it, it will work again. I'm currently using 1P extension version 4.6.11.91, Firefox v56.0, and 1Password v6.8.2. I'm on a Mac with macOS v10.12.6.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sjkpdx -- sorry to hear you're having troubles with the Firefox extension just now. The fact that it works after deleting and reinstalling means that your system is performing as expected...for a while. What we need to do is figure out what happens after that. To get a closer look, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#CBS-31679-377]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @sjkpdx only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sjkpdx -- thanks for sending in the diagnostics report; I've replied to you via email; let's keep the conversation going over there to avoid confusion and help get you an answer more quickly.

ref: CBS-31679-377

This discussion has been closed.