purchased from app store, need to add to second macbook, already on mac and ipad...

keely_obx
keely_obx
Community Member

I have dowloaded one password from app store to laptop and phone but neither recognize my vault password. says its wrong

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11
Sync Type: iCloud I think
Referrer: forum-search:purchased from app store, need to add to second macbook, already on mac and ipad...but when I try to get it on my new phone and macbook pro, it says my password is wrong...please help

Comments

• Hi @keely_obx,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Could you please check how the first MacBook (the one that is all set up already) is set to sync your 1Password data? You can find out in 1Password > Preferences > Sync > Primary.

Please let us know.

Ben

• keely_obx
    keely_obx
    Community Member

"none" :]

• keely_obx
    keely_obx
    Community Member

i changed that cloud and it says one password found existing data from iCloud. it will be merged with your current vault. should I start syncing?

• keely_obx
    keely_obx
    Community Member

Ok but then it says the one found in iCloud data is from 2016 and my current vault is from today...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@keely_obx -- thanks for that. OK, so you haven't been syncing your data from your Mac. I'm wondering what your iPad says? If you open 1Password on your iPad and visit Settings > Sync > (name of vault, probably Primary) and let us know what that's set to? Thanks in advance.

• keely_obx
    keely_obx
    Community Member

from the iPad...Primary (WLAN)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @keely_obx,

Thanks for getting back to us with those details. Let's just review and make sure that we've got this straight:

• Mac #1, already set up with 1Password. No sync.
    • Mac #2, to be set up.
    • iPad syncing via WLAN.
    • iPhone, to be set up?
    • Data from 2016 in iCloud.

If that's all correct, our next step is to take a look at the data that is currently on Mac #1 and your iPad - is all your data there and up to date? If so, we can delete the data in iCloud and set syncing up fresh.

Here's how to reset your iCloud data.

Once that's done, you can set up iCloud sync. It's important to make sure that you are signed in to iCloud on all of your computers and devices with the same Apple ID.

Please let me know if this helps!

This discussion has been closed.