To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Is there a different syncing process when on trial vs subscription?

Tinman53
Tinman53
Community Member

I am currently on a trial service which is due to expire in two days. I have already enrolled for a family subscription with annual payment. I am having difficulty keeping things up to date between devices, all Apple equipment. When changing my password in Gmail, it doesn't save causing me to have to redo my password each time I try to log in.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Tinman53! I'd be happy to help out with that. Everything about 1Password while you are on a free trial should be the same as if you're subscribed, aside from the payment of course. Let's start with changing your Gmail password as an example. To make sure we're on the same page, try creating a new password for your Gmail account by following these steps:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

Does the new password show up in 1Password on your other devices? If not, check that you're signed in to your account on those devices:

• iOS: Open and unlock 1Password, then tap Settings > 1Password Accounts and look for your account.
    • Mac: Open and unlock 1Password, then choose 1Password > Preferences in the menu bar and click Accounts.
    • Android: Open and unlock 1Password, then tap the menu in the top left and choose Settings > 1Password Accounts.
    • Windows: Open and unlock 1Password, then click the gear and choose Accounts & Vaults.

Let us know how that goes! :)

• Tinman53
    Tinman53
    Community Member

OK, can get into my account on both Mac and IOS

• Perfect, you should be all set then! :) If you are seeing some items not syncing between them, make sure to open the main app on iOS, not the extension, then give it a few seconds to sync. Let us know if you see some other issues.

• Tinman53
    Tinman53
    Community Member

OK, went to Gmail on Mac, changed my password using password generator. Opened my 1Password account on both Mac and iPhone. Confirmed they both show the same PW in 1PW, but gmail on phone advises wrong password. Copied and pasted from 1PW, still no go....

• @Tinman53 Okay good to know. Just to make sure, are you opening the 1Password app on your iPhone, or are you using 1Password in your browser there? The app needs to be open for 1Password to sync. Just the browser extension doesn't sync on its own.

• Tinman53
    Tinman53
    Community Member

Yes, I am in the app on the iPhone
    I am copying the new password from my All Items list and pasting it into the sign in for my mail app in iPhone. Tells me over and over incorrect password

• @Tinman53 Could you tap the item on your iPhone, tap the password field, and choose Reveal? Then on your Mac, hover over the password, click the down arrow, and click Reveal. Compare those passwords. If they're different, please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac and your iPhone:

How to send diagnostics reports

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Tinman53
    Tinman53
    Community Member

As I said, the PW is cross populating but it is not recognized after I have made the change

• Tinman53
    Tinman53
    Community Member

I really want to make this work and continue with 1PW, but it seems to be just too much trouble to make it workable!!! I have reviewed the youtube videos, forums and help references and am getting nowhere! Even trying to get help though this method has taken my entire morning!!!

• Tinman53
    Tinman53
    Community Member

Three hours and nothing, is this what I can expect in the way of assistance?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Tinman53: We try to reply to messages in the order in which they've received. I think that's fair, but it means we will get back to you after we reply to others who have been waiting longer. Thanks for your patience.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, did you follow the guide Jacob linked earlier today? Knowing where you ran into trouble will help us help you. If you do not have the new password saved in 1Password, it will not be able to fill that for you. And sending the diagnostic information Jacob requested from you earlier as well would save you the trouble of enumerating what you're using, and could show us if something is misconfigured. I look forward to hearing back from you with some details so we can help you get things sorted out!

• Tinman53
    Tinman53
    Community Member

Jacob asked me to send the report if the fields were different. They were not. I explained that in a message two messages before the instructions on what to do if they were different. I explained again in the follow up message that the information was syncing. Part of the confusion was from following the videos available from your site. It had me looking for a "sync" button that apparently no longer exists. In the three hours since contact I have done some deep research, trial and error, and believe I have resolved the main problem on my own.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for clarifying. Glad to hear it! Certainly it's hard for us to say what you should try or what might be going awry for you without even knowing what you're using, so be sure to include that information if you get stuck with anything else. We're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.