A Present for Chrome OS and Linux Users [see Dave's first post for details]

Comments

• JJBell
    JJBell
    Community Member

Hello, I work in an office where we aren't allowed to install any software on our Windows machines, but we are allowed to install Chrome extensions. This obviously limits our ability to use 1password. Would this new Chrome OS extension also work in our use case, since we also can't have 1password mini running?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@igunther: Great to hear! Looking forward to your feedback on the beta! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JJBell: If you have a 1Password.com account, the beta extension should work for you. I say "should" only because lately I've been seeing more and more cases where companies were using GSuite (née Google Apps) account settings to restrict the installation of Chrome extensions. Just something to be aware of.

• hhakeem
    hhakeem
    Community Member

Signed up for the beta. Looking forward to testing this out on Fedora, as well as moving from Dropbox Vault to 1Password Family.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Nice! We'll get back to you as soon as we can! :)

• jjerphan
    jjerphan
    Community Member

Hey!
    I've signed up for the beta too!
    Looking forward to using it on daily basis.

• immesys
    immesys
    Community Member

Hi
    I signed up for the beta on the 24th but I didn't get an email. I just signed up again in case it got lost, @brenty would you mind taking a look?

Thanks

• ralphg
    ralphg
    Community Member

Hi,

me too. I signed up on 24th but didn't get an email yet. I also signed up again in case my registration got lost.
    I am looking forward to using 1password.

• rippz
    rippz
    Community Member

Wow I am really looking forward to this. I was asking for this feature here https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/65001/chrome-standalone-browser-extension-for-teams-family didn't think that it was on the way for sure.

Anyways, I signed up for the beta and hope for an invite :)

• Sp4wnY
    Sp4wnY
    Community Member

I wanted to switch from the original 1password to another solution and already exported my passwords.
    BUT I just saw you have this amazing beta and purchased the monthly subscription to test it out.
    Please activate my beta access if you have the time.
    Appreciated!

• buri
    buri
    Community Member

Hi, are applications still open? I posted mine last week and still no response. :(

• to812
    to812
    Community Member

Hi, if it is still possible, i would also like to sign up for the beta. Thanks in advance and i am looking forward!

• Dorin
    Dorin
    Community Member

Hi!

Also signed up for the beta but no response so far.
    Having my main machine running Ubuntu, not being able to use 1Password on it is a deal breaker...

Thanks

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Everyone who's signed up and waiting should have an email from me, but let me know if it doesn't arrive.

@to812: I couldn't find a beta access request from you, please signup using our form here.

Thanks for your interest in the 1Password for Chrome beta!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• to812
    to812
    Community Member

@beyer Sorry, i somehow missed the part with the form. But you should have an access request from me now. Thanks!

• DiegoVR
    DiegoVR
    Community Member

signed up today!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• Hello,

I have signed up for private beta of chrom plugin and still waiting on your response. It would be great if you can process this faster :-). I don't want to renew my Lastpass account, I cannot use 1pass unless you have a chrome plugin :-) . Please please sign me up for the beta ASAP .

Thanks in advance

• @beyer I am waiting :-)

• zkanda
    zkanda
    Community Member

I requested too, I hope to receive an invite soon as I just signed up for a trial. Hopefully, this would work on FF too. :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@abhilashsbabu: We try to go through requests on a first-come-first-served basis, so we'll get back to you as soon as we're able. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@zkanda: No Firefox. We're focused on Chrome right now to target ChromeOS and Linux. It's something we'll consider for the future though. Plenty of work to do on the beta in the mean time. ;)

• djargad
    djargad
    Community Member

Hello,

I started trialing 1password for two days now and I am already sure that I will continue the subscription :). I have also signed up for the Linux beta. I am waiting for the invite to use 1password app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@djargad: Thank you for your support! The good news is that you'll still get the full trial, even if you've already subscribed, and we'll also be in touch with further details about the beta via email. Cheers! :)

• Albeneth
    Albeneth
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

I'm glad I checked this today. 1password on Linux, I'm finally going to be able to start using it! I can't wait to be in the beta :)

• I too signed up for the linux trial - it is what I have been waiting for....

• Signe up today for the linux trial ! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! We'll get back to each of you shortly. :)

• kinduff
    edited October 2017

Signed up for the trial too! Can't wait to test 1Pass for Debian, I'll be testing different distros too.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

Glad to hear it! The cool thing is that it should work anywhere the desktop version of Chrome does. We'll be in touch! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.