To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Secret Key?

etphonehome
etphonehome
Community Member

I have 1 Password installed on my mac and my iphone. I recently updated to ios 11 and I was having syncing issues so I deleted the app and reinstalled it. It is asking for a secret key which I have no idea about. I have access to my mac account and looked under preferences -> accounts but nothing is listed. Any thoughts?

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:secret key

Comments

• etphonehome
    etphonehome
    Community Member

Help Me Please!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@etphonehome: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device (it sounds like you're using Dropbox anyway) or create a new vault. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• etphonehome
    etphonehome
    Community Member

Ahhh I see! I got it working now. Thanks for the clarification @brenty

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing! Happy to help, and we're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.