Duplicates shown in latest update

Comments

• avuenja
    avuenja
    Community Member

Hello guys, i want report a bug, lately the Beta show a same passwords repeat. But exists only one.

Sorry if not it was for post here.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@avuenja: I've moved your post to the ChromeOS and Linux category of the forums. As mentioned when you signed up for the beta, do not post screenshots of this anywhere else, and please leave feedback in that area as well during the private beta.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@avuenja: Don't show me, but if you view the item details, is it showing the vault name at the top is the same for each of these items? I'm not seeing that here, and I wonder if you simply have some copies in different vaults. Let me know what you find!

• avuenja
    avuenja
    Community Member

Hello @brenty, sorry for the inconvenience, for the image and the post of in wrong area.
    So, i have only vault. I believe that the problem be only in exhibition, because I verified in the website and application in the Windows OS and it's perfect, no duplicates passwords.
    It happen only in Linux. :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@avuenja: No worries. We're just trying to keep things under wraps a bit until it's ready for public release. :)

Thanks for reporting this, and checking the vault theory. I was just about to ask if you saw that the same account showing up multiple times...and Beyer pinged me to let me know he'd tracked down the issue. The account is being added multiple times when locked. We'll have a fix for this in the next release, but in the mean time if you sign out of the account it should remove all of them. Then just sign back in and you should only have one now. Let me know if that helps! :chuffed:

• fizznab
    fizznab
    Community Member

I have been having the same problem for some time now as well. I'm running Chrome 61 on Fedora. I see duplicates when I let 1 password try to auto-select based on the website.

• avuenja
    avuenja
    Community Member

@brenty
    Yeah man, exactly this. Beyer hit the fly. I logout and login again, and all is correct now! Thanks for tip!

I stay waiting for the update!

Hugs

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@avuenja: Haha awesome! Thanks for confirming the workaround helped. We'll get this fix out as soon as we can. :)

@fizznab: Definitely try the workaround I suggested above. Either way, we'll have a new beta out shortly to address this too.

• ndw
    ndw
    Community Member

I'm seeing the same issue. I'd like to try the workaround proposed, but I don't see any way to "sign out of the account". I tried lock and that didn't work. I tried restarting the browser and that didn't work. I'm probably being an idiot, but ...

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@ndw: The quickest way to remove an account is by right-clicking the 1Password icon and selecting options. This will open a new tab, displaying the settings page, and you'll find a Remove button which should clear out your duplicate accounts.

Let me know if that helps.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• ndw
    ndw
    Community Member

Yep. That fixed it. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Beyer, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• mariow
    mariow
    Community Member

I've been having the same issue for a while. It seems that it's a combination of issues: sometimes the extension window will be white so I disable and enable it in the chrome://extensions page to get it working again. After that it will add my account one more time. After a while I have the same account listed several times in the app. Removing the account resets the list but over time the duplicates start accumulating again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, that's interesting. I know Beyer has been working on the white screen issue, so it may be that he can kill a few bits with one string. :)

• mariow
    mariow
    Community Member

Two hours later and 0.9.0 has solved the duplicate account issue, thanks a lot!

I'll see if the white screen issue still exists, it doesn't happen that regularly

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@mariow: Good to hear our fix helped you out. :) We have made some changes that should prevent most, but not every instance of the white screen (yet). We'd love to hear your feedback on that!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.