fingerprint + master password

lemos
lemos
Community Member

So, I've seen on some screenshots that you can change your master password from your Android phone, as long as you have fingerprint authentication active, but after, for some reason, being unable to use my master password on other platforms (browser and Mac OS), I can't see the option on the Android app.

Right now I have access to all of my passwords, but only on my phone, not on my desktop, which isn't practical at all.

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7.0
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• lemos
    lemos
    Community Member

still a valid question, but I got my Master password back working again.

• peri
    edited September 2017

Hi @lemos. Thanks for reaching out! Can you let me know how you're syncing between your Android and Mac? Are you using a 1Password account or a third party service like Dropbox? If you're using a 1Password account, you won't be able to change your account's Master Password from the Android app. Instead, you'll need to do so from 1Password.com. Changing the Master Password from Android will only work for a standalone vault.

• lemos
    lemos
    Community Member

I am using a 1Password account. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Peri, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.