1password keyboard not offering manual assistance

ComputerPimp
ComputerPimp
Community Member

I am using Android 7 on a Samsung S8+ with Chrome and cannot get the 1password keyboard to offer me the username and/or password above the keyboard when it can't auto fill. Also, auto fill never fills on any site I try. It worked until I switched to a subscription. I completely uninstalled the app and reinstalled when I started using a subscription. I have turned on accessibility options.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ComputerPimp: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you unable to long-press the 1Password logo and search for a login item when a match cannot be found? Thanks in advance! :)

• ComputerPimp
    ComputerPimp
    Community Member

The answers you are requesting are in my original post. I'm not trying to sound rude but did you even read it?

Quoting my original post:

"Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using" -- "I am using Android 7 on a Samsung S8+ with Chrome"

"the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect" -- "cannot get the 1password keyboard to offer me the username and/or password above the keyboard when it can't auto fill. Also, auto fill never fills on any site I try"

The only thing I omitted was the version of the Android app, which is 6.6.2.

I understand you must have a lot of questions to answer but I did explain my problem fairly well in my original post.

• peri
    edited September 2017

Hey @ComputerPimp. Can you let us know what version number of Chrome you're using? Also, does this problem occur on every site, or on any in particular?

Also, you mentioned that automatic filling isn't working for you at all. Have you tried on a site like Twitter, Facebook, or Amazon? Is the filling service enabled in your device's accessibility settings?

• ComputerPimp
    ComputerPimp
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

My Chrome version is 61.0.3163.98

The problem happens on all sites, I tried Twitter, Facebook, and Amazon as you suggested. Auto fill doesn't work and I get no username/password helper above the keyboard. It did work until I uninstalled then reinstalled when I switched to the subscription model.

Quote from my original post: "I have turned on accessibility options."

• ComputerPimp
    ComputerPimp
    Community Member

It may be a problem with the latest version of 1Password for Andriod (6.6.2). As I stated, I installed the latest version when I switched to the subscription model. All was working OK on the older version.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

The answers you are requesting are in my original post. I'm not trying to sound rude but did you even read it?

@ComputerPimp: No problem. But you omitted the version information requested in your original post, which is why I asked. I know you said "Android 7", but that doesn't exactly narrow it down. For example, is it 7.0.0? I'm testing this here with 7.1.2 (and security updates installed) and 8.0, and I'm just not seeing what you are, so I wonder what's different.

Quote from my original post: "I have turned on accessibility options."

Sorry. It wasn't clear to me which "accessibility options" you meant. Can you be more specific? It sounds like you're referring to the 1Password Keyboard though, so I appreciate any clarification. Please make sure you've follow all of the steps here:

Use the 1Password keyboard to fill in Chrome and apps on your Android device

For example, do you have all options enabled in 1Password Settings > Filling? I wonder if something you think is enabled is not, perhaps after an update. To be clear, 1Password will not be able to offer to fill for you on all sites, and it will not offer a login to you if it does not match your current URL. If you could give me some example URLs (both the webpage and the login item) where you're having trouble that could help us narrow down the cause. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.