Infinite loop update (doesn't update) [see AgileBits Update information in the first post]

2»

Comments

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member

I am trying to upgrade to 6.8.2 from 6.8 - when I click update – it downloads– Then it extracts - then you click install– And basically it cycles around and does the same thing a few times without installing - and finally fails with the error OSSTATUS error -67688

how do I get past this and get the update working?

1Password Version: 6.8
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: el Cap latest
    Sync Type: dropbox

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dealtek - I've merged your thread with an existing one that contains the AgileBits Proven Solution Please read that for instructions and an explanation. Let us know if you run into any difficulties, and sorry for the trouble.

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member

Thanks Lars - That did the trick!

BTW: as I was dumping the old 1P - I noticed that it WAS 6.8.2! tossed it anyway - ALL IS GOOD NOW!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dealtek -- awesome! I'm glad that worked for you. :)

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member

Thanks again for a fine APP!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@dealtek: On behalf of Lars and the rest of the team, you're very welcome. I hope you have a great week!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• dgill
    dgill
    Community Member

I had the same problem as reported by drsmyth and jd_levin. The solution reported by jd_levin (i.e., fresh download and install) worked for me while moving to 6.8.1. I am now trying to move to 6.8.2 via the auto update and the updater keeps cycling from download to install back to download.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dgill -- sorry to hear you've been bitten by this. We do have an AgileBits Proven Solution for it, and if you read this post and follow the instructions, you should be all set. Let us know if that doesn't work for you -- cheers!

• form4me
    form4me
    Community Member

Got an email about the 6.8.2 update today. I was told I'm running 6.8 so elected to update. The installer runs, downloading and then asking if I want to install. I say yes and the installer redownloads the update and asks if I want to install... and so on and so on. It's no wonder I'm two updates behind. The installer never actually extracts and installs what it downloads.

Please advise.
    OSX 10.12.6

1Password Version: 6.8
    Extension Version: 4.6.11
    OS Version: 10.12.6
    Sync Type: Dropbox
    Referrer: forum-search:updater

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @form4me - sorry to hear you've experienced this problem. I've merged your thread with an existing one on the same topic, as you're not alone in this! Please see the AgileBits Proven Solution earlier in this thread, and follow the instructions there. Let us know if you have any problems! :)

• craggles
    craggles
    Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to update to the new Mac OS but am updating all my utilities first, which is working well so far until I came to 1Password (clearly I wasn't doing them in alphabetical order).

The update window pops up letting me know a new version is out. It tells me it's 'ready to update' and so I click the 'Update and Relaunch' button. Excitement builds as it's 'validating package, extraction package and downloading' and then it jumps right back to the 'ready to update' step and the 'Update and Relaunch' button is back.

This takes me in a loop a few times until it eventually tells me that 'Validation failed (OSStatus Error -67688.)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hey @craggles -- I've merged your thread with an earlier one on the same topic; I hope that's OK. I should probably ask what version you're updating from, but if you're getting the infinite loop using 1Password's internal updater, please try the AgileBits Proven Solution from earlier in this thread. Let us know how that works for you. Good luck!

• craggles
    craggles
    Community Member

Worked perfectly - thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@craggles -- Awesome! Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with, otherwise have a great rest of your week. :)

• Makloklin
    Makloklin
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

I have had the same loop problem. I then trashed the existing version and downloaded directly, as advised, and installed successfully, I thought. My previous version is 6.3.3. After launching the newly installed version and checking Licenses, it shows the version as still being 6.3.3…?? Am I missing something?
    (image removed by AgileBits; this is a public forum)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Makloklin - glad to hear the re-installation worked for you! What you're looking at is the 1Password item for your software license of 1Password. It doesn't get update, but reflects what was created at the time you purchased/installed 1Password. If you'll go to the 1Password menu and choose About 1Password, you'll see the actual version number of the software you have installed currently. 6.8.2 is the current version of 1Password for Mac, and if you're not using that version, you can choose Check for Updates from the 1Password menu to bring yourself current. :)

This discussion has been closed.