To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot Master Password

Options
Guna
Guna
Community Member

Hi,

I, unfortunately, forgot my 1Password Master Password. And I have an active subscription. How do I recover my account to continue or cancel the payment so that I won't be billed?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@Guna: First and foremost, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

Otherwise it's up to you to remember the Master Password (and have your other credentials) to sign in, but I'd encourage you to do a little bit of trial-and-error guessing, as there is no penalty for so so, before you settle on the nuclear option of starting over from scratch. Please try the suggestions here:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

I see you've also contacted us separately via email, so I'll follow up there as well to assist you.

ref: AZI-16527-364

• Guna
    Guna
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

@brenty I've already tried the trial-and-error method, numerous times. And it's not working.

• Guna
    Guna
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Also, there is no problem with starting all over from scratch, because I just set up my account today. I don't have any passwords stored in them. So can you help with starting all over again if that's the only option left?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Guna: Ah, that's a relief. Please check your email and follow the instructions there then. :)

• Guna
    Guna
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks a lot!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're totally welcome! Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.