Link to website from 1P produced error message

TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member

I tried the new feature to go directly to a website from iOS 1P but got an error message when going to the CitiCard web site.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TomWolsky: Yeah this isn't related to 1Password (or the beta) unfortunately. Citi is rather finicky about what login pages they want you to use where, so the login portal that works on the desktop will give you that on mobile in some cases. It used to be that there was a login page that did work in 1Browser, but it is deemed an "unsupported browser" (even though it's just Safari) and there isn't anything we can do to change that. You may be able to open it in Safari directly and use the 1Password iOS extension. My impression is they want us to use their app though. So I do, which isn't terrible since it supports Touch ID.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty. Pity about that. Can’t use TouchID in their app as I have multiple accounts that I need to access. If this had worked it would that been great because it would send me to a specific account with the right login credentials.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TomWolsky: Ah, I understand. I used to have separate logins with Citi, but ended up merging them somehow (maybe something to do with my bank account). I'd definitely reach out to them because, for example, I've got a few credit cards through them, and they all show up under a single login for me. Not sure if that's feasible for you, if they are separate for good reason, but it's worth a shot. Otherwise Safari should at least work.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Thanks. No problem in macOS. I just select the login I need from the extension for the account I have to access.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yep, that's my experience as well. They seem to "support" all of the desktop browsers I've tested — even if there are still some wrinkles depending on the specific login page.

This discussion has been closed.